Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum (http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cap'n on Deck (http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   New Eagle One hi Res Images.... (http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154831)

Captain Sci-Fi 13-06-2013 09:40 AM

New Eagle One hi Res Images....
 
Hi Chaps,

As we start to swing into the Model Making season with longer days and better weather to spray paint it seems several people have new projects as work in progress.

Puppet guru Chris King has added more details for Century 21 Puppet equipment with a detailed look at the original puppet hardware. We have been looking at the neck joint and solenoid carrier for the Captain Scarlet era puppets. I will be making a modern version of this rig and testing various electronic components to see if it is possible to provide them to puppet builders on the forum.

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...337#post365337

Lastly I need some help please chaps. I want to research the work of Elizabeth Coleman, she was responsible for a lot of the costumier work as a Wardrobe Mistress for the earlier Anderson Shows. I need images and details of her work and involvement with puppet theatre including her time with the Troubadours company. Any and all help would be welcome. The eventual aim is to submit to Wiki and IMDB as her profile is pitifully small for such a talented person whose work was so prominent on screen, I really want to redress that balance (excuse the pun).

See you on the forum

Cap'n

Captain Sci-Fi 13-06-2013 10:04 PM

A little disappointment....

Having initially given the green light, Sanjay has asked me to remove the images of Eagle 1, I have complied with his request, sorry guys.

Cap'n

Steve Gerard 13-06-2013 10:06 PM

Agree, they were impressive images. :yes:

LazyEagle 13-06-2013 11:40 PM

Again it was me and me alone that requested the images to be taken down- thank you Bernie. Chris voiced no objection at all and is completely unaware of this thread or what has transpired - just to set the record straight.

Anyone to blame it was me. Sorry.

Sanjay

Steve Gerard 14-06-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyEagle (Post 365472)
Again it was me and me alone that requested the images to be taken down- thank you Bernie. Chris voiced no objection at all and is completely unaware of this thread or what has transpired - just to set the record straight.

Anyone to blame it was me. Sorry.

Sanjay

Everything is ok. No hard feelings. ;)

Darren Robertson 01-09-2013 03:17 AM

Without wanting to stir up a "hornets' nest" may I ask why they were taken down?

Just interested......:)

Captain Sci-Fi 01-09-2013 10:35 AM

Sanjay asked me to reduce the number of images and I haven't had the time to go through and choose them.

He has agreed to a selection to be posted and they are really good reference. I am grateful to him. The Eagle built by Chris Potter (W8CMP) is about as close as you can get to a replica of the original and makes a great study model. The paint scheme is very complex and Chris pursued perfection.

Personally, I am an impressionist rather than sticking slavishly to ever shade on every panel, I never thought that one Eagle would have exactly the same panels replaced or resprayed during it's maintenance as the next Eagle unless they were "upgrades or recalls". I did think that the Eagles were all manufactured by one company so the paint scheme and detailing should follow a very similar theme however.

The models were changed during the production of the show so again a good scope to alter things.

Eaglebird 19-02-2017 06:58 PM

I'm afraid I don't really know anything about Elizabeth Coleman, apart from what is on the internet. Does anyone know if she is still around?

The following links may be of use:

- http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Coleman
- http://www.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4ce2bab8ad819

I'm going to look through my books to see if anything about Elizabeth Coleman turns up.

boatshewsd2 19-02-2017 09:52 PM

I'll have a look round too. Found this, in the meantime (such as it is):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0171026/

ADD: http://www.iandenny.co.uk/page45f.htm


Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglebird (Post 406105)
I'm afraid I don't really know anything about Elizabeth Coleman, apart from what is on the internet. Does anyone know if she is still around?

The following links may be of use:

- http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Coleman
- http://www.bfi.org.uk/films-tv-people/4ce2bab8ad819

I'm going to look through my books to see if anything about Elizabeth Coleman turns up.


Eaglebird 20-02-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatshewsd2 (Post 406111)
I'll have a look round too. Found this, in the meantime (such as it is):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0171026/

ADD: http://www.iandenny.co.uk/page45f.htm

I just found this: http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...=1017&page=166

User 'fab1' said:

"Ah the falability of memory, It was Iris Ritchens I spoke to. Elizabeth Coleman
I have been told with authority emigrated to South Africa some time ago and has sadly passed away.
Apologies to all concerned."

I found a wardrobe assistant called Elizabeth Coleman here that I believe to be the same person who worked on Thunderbirds etc: http://www.qsulis.org.uk/Website_Lou...ance_Stage.htm

She could be the same Elizabeth Coleman who played a character called Mabel for a showcase of The Pirates of Penzance - what do you think? Link here: http://www.debyoutheatre.org/Our%20S...nce%201996.pdf

I have updated her Thunderbirds Wiki page accordingly.

boatshewsd2 20-02-2017 09:21 PM

:(

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Coleman


Quote:

Originally Posted by Eaglebird (Post 406127)
I just found this: http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...=1017&page=166

User 'fab1' said:

"Ah the falability of memory, It was Iris Ritchens I spoke to. Elizabeth Coleman
I have been told with authority emigrated to South Africa some time ago and has sadly passed away.
Apologies to all concerned."

I found a wardrobe assistant called Elizabeth Coleman here that I believe to be the same person who worked on Thunderbirds etc: http://www.qsulis.org.uk/Website_Lou...ance_Stage.htm

She could be the same Elizabeth Coleman who played a character called Mabel for a showcase of The Pirates of Penzance - what do you think? Link here: http://www.debyoutheatre.org/Our%20S...nce%201996.pdf

I have updated her Thunderbirds Wiki page accordingly.


Captain Sci-Fi 18-04-2017 03:10 PM

Hi Boatie,

Really grateful for the link, very curious to find out all I can about Elizabeth and now I know what she looks like with an image I have never seen before.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com