Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum (http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/index.php)
-   Welcome To Eagletransporter.com (http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=271)
-   -   Hello from Shropshire, England (http://www.eagletransporter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161254)

Fingers 24-02-2016 06:23 PM

Hello from Shropshire, England

Hi,

I've been a member of this forum since 2012 (when I was looking for a particular Eagle poster which now is pride of place on my stairs).

So, after several years I thought I'd better introduce myself :oops:

Obviously I'm a long time Space:1999 fan, I was ten when the series first aired (same age as my daughter is now). I can't believe the number of like minded people out there! Guess the internet and social media have helped, but there are so many new books etc. !

I did attend Alpha:2014, and as well as seeing the original studio Eagles 1 & 2 (I first saw Eagle 1 in Blackpool back in the '70's!) I also had the pleasure of meeting some of the cast, including sitting by Catherine Schell for dinner!

I've not built a model kit since I was about 18 (the last may well have been the Airfix Eagle). But I think I'm going to have to get a Round 2 22" Eagle! I've bought the "Modelling the Eagle" magazine and I'm dropping hints for my birthday in May!

I'm going to be scanning these pages looking for build hints and tips - For example I've never used an airbrush so that's first on my list to research!

Hopefully I'll have some posts of 'my' Eagle later in the year.

Here's to a great 22" 2016 !

StuntmanMike 26-02-2016 08:07 AM

Hi Fingers, I'm new here myself, I live on the Shropshire /Cheshire /Staffordshire border, that's a few mile the other side of Market Drayton.
I love old British sci fi and in particular Blake's 7.
I'd love to have a go at modeling but I'm trying to finish off the wreck of a house I bought 8 years ago.
My family own a canal boat so I'm often on the Shropshire Union, you really do appreciate what a stunning county it is from there, I also grew up near Ironbridge so I've a special affection for Shropshire.
P.S did you know there is a Scale Model convention at the Telford convention centre ( or international, can't remember what it's called ) in November.

Crimson Binome 26-02-2016 12:34 PM

Welcome to the club guys

Fingers 26-02-2016 09:27 PM

Thanks Crimson Binome !

Yes StuntmanMike, I agree we are lucky to live in a beautiful part of the country, I've been here about half my life and love it. I've never been to the Scale Model convention at Telford, but may go this year. I did go down the road to Cosford a couple of years ago for this:

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/...hts-of-fantas/

Steve Gerard 27-02-2016 06:43 PM

:W: to ETF :cheers:

StuntmanMike 28-02-2016 08:07 PM

Thanks forthe welcome guys.

moonhugger 06-03-2016 07:19 PM

Hi, welcome.
Warwickshire myself not so far away but through this great site and model I now talk to people all around the world; it has been great and just keeps getting better.
Regards
Julian

Boldman 07-03-2016 08:04 AM

You should try to come to the Cosford model show this year - its on April 3rd and I'll be there with my Eagle and giant Thunderbird 2 and others. There WILL be other Gerry Anderson modellers there as well...

Fingers 12-03-2016 01:57 PM

Thanks, I'll make a note in my diary for Cosford model show.

Can anyone local to Shropshire recommend any model shops for tools, paints etc. or do most people buy this type of thing on-line these days?

StuntmanMike 17-03-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boldman (Post 401138)
You should try to come to the Cosford model show this year - its on April 3rd and I'll be there with my Eagle and giant Thunderbird 2 and others. There WILL be other Gerry Anderson modellers there as well...

Thanks, I will try to get there but that weekend is hectic for me, I start a new job on the Monday and Saturday I have an induction, I also work away so I'll be busy so ting things out, I'll try to get there though

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingers (Post 401242)
Thanks, I'll make a note in my diary for Cosford model show.

Can anyone local to Shropshire recommend any model shops for tools, paints etc. or do most people buy this type of thing on-line these days?

This, please include Staffordshire as well.