View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
Fingers
Waste Technician

Default Hello from Shropshire, England

Hi,

I've been a member of this forum since 2012 (when I was looking for a particular Eagle poster which now is pride of place on my stairs).

So, after several years I thought I'd better introduce myself

Obviously I'm a long time Space:1999 fan, I was ten when the series first aired (same age as my daughter is now). I can't believe the number of like minded people out there! Guess the internet and social media have helped, but there are so many new books etc. !

I did attend Alpha:2014, and as well as seeing the original studio Eagles 1 & 2 (I first saw Eagle 1 in Blackpool back in the '70's!) I also had the pleasure of meeting some of the cast, including sitting by Catherine Schell for dinner!

I've not built a model kit since I was about 18 (the last may well have been the Airfix Eagle). But I think I'm going to have to get a Round 2 22" Eagle! I've bought the "Modelling the Eagle" magazine and I'm dropping hints for my birthday in May!

I'm going to be scanning these pages looking for build hints and tips - For example I've never used an airbrush so that's first on my list to research!

Hopefully I'll have some posts of 'my' Eagle later in the year.

Here's to a great 22" 2016 !
Fingers is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote