Thread: Spacedock
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #12
CR
Science Officer

tak5haka said: "What I was trying to come up with, with regard to the spacedock(s), was a ship badge similar to those dressing the Eagle, but which show that a particular ship is affiliated with the spacedock rather than Alpha. So it is going to be the same shape, but with different text and I was planning on a different symbol (probably reflecting it's L-point position). Does that make sense?"

Ah, I get it; yes, that makes perfect sense.
Many years ago, I designed a Centuri Spacedock crest that was basically the Alpha crest... I replaced 'Alpha' with 'Centuri' and 'Moonbase' with 'Spacedock,' and made a stylized representation of the spacedock between two dots (Earth & Moon). The pic of the dock looked rather strange, like a silhouette of a playing jack with extra prongs, and I ultimately didn't feel that the design was very original. (Duh, it wasn't! But I was trying to establish a standard shared by all space vehicles and locations in the pre-Breakaway Earth.)
Anyway, I like the idea of ship affiliation with a particular location. I've often thought that Commissioner Simmonds' VIP Eagle (or at least the orange VIP passenger pod) bore the World Space Commission crest rather than that of Alpha Moonbase.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote