Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 23-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
misterggg
Alphan

Default 2001 a Space Odyssey Studio Scale Moonbus Blueprints

Hello everyone! I thought I would post my work-in-progress photos of the 2001 a Space Odyssey Moonbus Blueprints based off of my CAD model that I have been working on for the past 3 years with the help of Joe Breid. Thats right the same Joe thats been building the studio scale model and showing off his wonderfull behind the scenes work-in-progress photos. Joe would send me accurate measurements and details of all the kit parts we know of and I would build the CAD model (using Rhino as my software of choice),to reveal its actual size and shape. Then I would send Joe 1 to 1 scale working plan blueprints with measurements so he could build the bulk of the body, landing gear, readdoor, etc. Well here is a little low res teaser of the prints, the actual size could be printed on a 48" x 36" sheet of paper which would be actual size. Also I have many callouts labeling the various model kit parts used on the actual prop. The only thing I need to make these complete is the model kit details on the reardoor and most of the details on the model kit details on the bottom. Here also is a hi-res rendering to show the level of detail that also would show up in the blueprints. As soon as I can get enough details to satisfy me I will release these prints to the public so everyone can build their own Moonbus!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moonbus Hi-Res.jpg (176.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 2001 MOONBUS LOW-RES BLUEPRINTS.jpg (149.9 KB, 233 views)
misterggg is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Aries 1B
Hydroponics Technician

Beautiful work!
Aries 1B is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
misterggg
Alphan

Thank you Aries1b I just hope I can finish them with all the details. If anyone can help me with the missing details on the rearbulkhead door or bottom they can contact me at misterggg@msn.com
Old 24-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
MADsen
Eagle Pilot

Thumbs up

Hi misterggg..

It looks great...

Please do send out some info when the prints are finished..

Fly safe and happy landings...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MADsen is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #5
misterggg
Alphan

Thank MADsen will do. Once I can finish these blueprints of the exterior I plan on making a set for the interior!
Old 24-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #6
MADsen
Eagle Pilot

Thumbs up

Looking forward to it...

Fly safe and happy landings...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MADsen is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote