Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 13-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #421
Doug_H
Eagle Pilot

Nice job! It's sad there aren't more affordable good quality D kits. I'd love to have one.
Doug_H is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #422
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

I've started a new thread in Dragon's Domain for the remainder of the photos (should have put them there in the first place - apologies to the moderators!).

Quote:
Each shot was numbered and noted as to the f-stop and exposure time in a log so when I saw the results I knew what I needed to do in order to get the black wool background and black sock over the stand to disappear in the shot so the ship appeared to be suspended in space.

Now that's old school!
Yes I also used to do that. With film it was the only way to keep track of what you did - good record keeping! Now it's a lot easier with digital. Just run them through the computer to make sure you have everything right ! I couldn't photograpgh Discovery without digital. Just wouldn't be possible (removing the stand, extending the backgound etc.)

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote