Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 17-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #61
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Sorry I thought I had replied, but obviously not.

Oh, I like it very much. Thanks for taking the trouble to put it together.

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #62
T70MkIII
Communications Officer

Thanks Keith - I appreciate the feedback. I'm just really pleased to have recovered After Effects and a bunch of other software.

BTW my last post wasn't aimed at you at all - I thought that for some reason this post had not popped back onto new posts so I just wanted to bump it. I wasn't sure how to do that without seeming like an attention seeking brat
T70MkIII is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #63
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

I use After Effects as well, but there is usually a long gap between projects and I have to relearn it the next time! Good programme though.

Keith
Old 17-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #64
T70MkIII
Communications Officer

I'm very much on the beginner's end of the curve with AE, but I try and play with it a little every few nights so I don't forget the basics. I did have 3 months off and had to start re-learning from scratch...

I'm sure you've seen the awesome video tutorial sites such as video copilot, creative cow and maltaannon?
Old 17-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #65
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

No, I've not seen these videos.

I usually just experiment until I get what I'm specifically looking for. I got one of the later versions so that I could do smoke and exhaust plumes for rockets. Works quite well, but it was a steep learning curve and takes a while to set up. The one thing I still can't get right (despite reading the appropriate bit in the manual umpteen times) is acceleration and decelaration of animated photos. Used to work fine in the old version.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Keith

Old 18-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #66
T70MkIII
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
The one thing I still can't get right (despite reading the appropriate bit in the manual umpteen times) is acceleration and decelaration of animated photos. Used to work fine in the old version.
Keith
If you highlight by left clicking and dragging over the 2 keyframes you want the rate change between (so they turn yellow), right click on one of them and select keyframe assistant and exponential scale. You can then click on the chart button in the layers pane and adjust the curve. It's not perfect, but at least the discovery did not slow down too much as it scaled up past Jupiter in my video. This method works at least for CS3 & 4.

Damn, I just realised I forgot to add a lens flare to the flyby!

Seriously, I highly recommend checking out these websites for AE video tutorials - v.entertaining and educative:

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/

http://maltaannon.com/category/articles/

http://library.creativecow.net/video...reffectsbasics

You can see where I plagurised the video copilot lightsaber stuff in this one of my kids:

Old 18-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #67
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Thanks for the advice and links Richard. I will take note for the next time I use After Effects. My version I see is 6.5.

Thanks also to the link to your videos. Very impressive stuff. All done with After Effects I presume?

Keith
Old 19-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #68
T70MkIII
Communications Officer

Yes, all done with After Effects, and a lot of the processes ripped off from those tutorial websites.

I should re-do the scaling over time for some of those animations, as most of that youtube stuff was from when I was just getting started.

Do you have any weblinks to your animations?