Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Big Screen

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 13-08-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
fs-boneyard
Hydroponics Technician

Default Space 2099 TV series Your Input?

Fs-Boneyard

Well If it happens....What would you like the Series to Be about!

I have so many ideas that would make the show really Kick....

What's your Idea of 2099...Warning No lost Hopless Souls PLEASE!!!

This will be an action sci fi series
fs-boneyard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #2
MkIXHawk
Communications Officer

For a start, we could pretend that Season 2 never happened - berman wakes up in the shower after having finished the Brandy...

No Rubber Monsters!

Actors who can actually speak english...

...and actually act!
MkIXHawk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
doon
Communications Officer

Quote:
For a start, we could pretend that Season 2 never happened - berman wakes up in the shower after having finished the Brandy...

No Rubber Monsters!

Instead of the moon blowin' out of orbit, have some large long range "Ark" style ship, sent out in search of a new "Earth" This due to whatever catastrophe has led Earth to be uninhabitable in another 20 years or so (Terrorists, Solar flares, ect). Alpha could still be on the moon and bounce stories back and forth between the Meta Ark and Alpha and what is left on Earth. NO HOLODECKS
doon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

It always amazed me that people trapped and isolated on a runaway moon, with little supplies, always ignored all the spacecraft that came their way each episode.........including all of those in Dragons Domain.
You would think that the Alphans would have become the scavengers of space and be stripping everything they were lucky enough to come across. There should have been a crator next to Moonbase Alpha full of half dismantled starships from previous shows!
What they found, and did with it, would have generated plenty of ideas for further episodes.

....... S.I.G David Mark Sisson
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #5
fs-boneyard
Hydroponics Technician

Default That Bonus DVD...Ewwww

Fs-Boneyard

You have to watch the Just awful Message from Moon Base Alpha
with Sandra Droaning on like a Liberal about how there is no food water
or a basic plot line to live for so they abandond ship like rats for a planet
from season 1 shaded a different color....

Than heavens for the Techs that stayed behind by hiding under the sofa
so the commander didnt see them and saved the series....

oh... pre curser to SPACE 2099....

Old 14-08-2006, 02:27 AM   #6
fs-boneyard
Hydroponics Technician

Default Vending machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42
It always amazed me that people trapped and isolated on a runaway moon, with little supplies, always ignored all the spacecraft that came their way each episode.........including all of those in Dragons Domain.
You would think that the Alphans would have become the scavengers of space and be stripping everything they were lucky enough to come across. There should have been a crator next to Moonbase Alpha full of half dismantled starships from previous shows!
What they found, and did with it, would have generated plenty of ideas for further episodes.
The show just didnt grow....Hell they had so many parts they could build a new ship every week and moon base could have rocket launchers
death rays and vending machines...

pete
Old 14-08-2006, 04:27 AM   #7
CR
Science Officer

Hmm... while I agree that the Alphans would have scavenged a lot of materials, most of what was left after their alien encounters was wreckage, and I mean 'blown into teeny bits' wreckage. Sure, they could have scavenged those bits of pieces, and certainly could have used the rest for raw materials, but whole starships were rarley available. (Exceptions to follow, read on...)
At least the series could have made mention that such scavenging was going on, just as a throwaway line once in a while. Another thing that would have been nice was mention of the Voyager 1 logs. One of the novels did just that, which was a nice touch. (No, I'm not suggesting that the moon would somehow come across several planets visited by Voyager 1, given that they weren't on the same course.)
As for the fantastic Spaceship Graveyard from "Dragon's Domain," Helena specifically mentions that the Alphans couldn't be sure if they'd really killed the creature. I suspect that rather than risk finding that creature rejuvinated somehow, or more likely finding its offspring in any of the other derelicts, they opted for safety and high-tailed it out of there. I'm certain that they'd have scanned as many of the ships as much as their sensors would allow, just to try to get some idea of function & capability; this alone could keep Bergman & the Technical department busy for years trying to come up with new adaptaions of what they'd have found out.
As for Season 2, well, that's a slightly different story, and I'm not as good at coming up with explanations for that. (I mean come on, why didn't the alien ship from "Space Warp" ever get mentioned again? Sheesh!)
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #8
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

I find the whole idea of a remake a bit scary. Look at Galactica (Or Stingray, for those of you who know where to look. ), remade as an entirely different show. That leads me to ask, well, why not just do a new show?
I think maybe working with a spinoff is a better way to go, unless you want to pick up some years after Terra Alpha and have decendants of the original shopw go back to the returning moon.
A few weeks back a huge probeship model was posted called Proteous, which used two Konami Eagles. This larger probe was designed as a long range probe. Using this idea as a format for a spinoff could allow for a new story set in the Space:1999 universe but get away from year references or how the moon got away from Earth. (Of coarse this would also work for a continnuation of the original story. Shoot, we all know when the moon was supposed to have left Earth, so why worry about it?) This creates a new storyline in which new viewers don't get bogged down in parts of the origianal story that are out of date, like the date! Eagles are still Eagles, but the interiors of the mother ship, computers, uniforms can easily be altered to suit the needs of the story.
These Alphans tell thier story the by years since the moon's departure from Earth, could be in 1999, 2009, or even 2099.
What I like about this approach is it leaves the original story alone, no silly re-imaginings that will also one day be out of date.
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
fs-boneyard
Hydroponics Technician

Default NEW CREW NEW ATTITUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith
I find the whole idea of a remake a bit scary. Look at Galactica (Or Stingray, for those of you who know where to look. ), remade as an entirely different show. That leads me to ask, well, why not just do a new show?
I think maybe working with a spinoff is a better way to go, unless you want to pick up some years after Terra Alpha and have decendants of the original shopw go back to the returning moon.
A few weeks back a huge probeship model was posted called Proteous, which used two Konami Eagles. This larger probe was designed as a long range probe. Using this idea as a format for a spinoff could allow for a new story set in the Space:1999 universe but get away from year references or how the moon got away from Earth. (Of coarse this would also work for a continnuation of the original story. Shoot, we all know when the moon was supposed to have left Earth, so why worry about it?) This creates a new storyline in which new viewers don't get bogged down in parts of the origianal story that are out of date, like the date! Eagles are still Eagles, but the interiors of the mother ship, computers, uniforms can easily be altered to suit the needs of the story.
These Alphans tell thier story the by years since the moon's departure from Earth, could be in 1999, 2009, or even 2099.
What I like about this approach is it leaves the original story alone, no silly re-imaginings that will also one day be out of date.
I think Lets forget the old crew...

Space 2099....They become the Vigilent Defenders of the Galaxy
Eagles hawks swifts pluse any other fool ship you want...
I am sick of the message from Moon Base Aloha doom and gloom...

OK...Lets stop back at the planet the cast jumped off on...Use the theme
from Forbidden Planet and have Martin Landau as the crazy man who
killed the crew and now tries to kill our new cast with his inner thoughts...
Ok we pick up alan carter who lives on the other side of the planet..
Sandra and any body else that does not demand a BIG $$$$ for bad acting..
Pete FS-Boneyard