Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Red Dwarf

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 13-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #61
Known Space
Eagle Pilot

In a word. "Pants"
Known Space is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #62
Slartibartfast
Weapons Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
Pass out?
If "pass out" means "fall asleep" then yes.
Slartibartfast is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #63
Wookiee
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
If "pass out" means "fall asleep" then yes.
No pist on beer or in my case cider oor oor
Wookiee is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #64
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

Great to see the cast back and a pretty decent new hour long show ................. that was unfortunately stretched out into a rather poor 3-parter! Should have just been a one-off special.

....... S.I.G David Mark Sisson
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #65
Wookiee
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark42 View Post
Great to see the cast back and a pretty decent new hour long show ................. that was unfortunately stretched out into a rather poor 3-parter! Should have just been a one-off special.
I like the 3 part format, Like the old Dr Who, not the one off like now Dr Who special and one espisode story like now a day's
Wookiee is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 14-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #66
skiffy
Communications Officer

Managed to see this via a mate last night (I don't have sky). The cast seemed to slip back into their old skins well enough, and raised a smile if not a laugh. The russian totty was a bit OTT, and the storyline was threadbare. I don't think I'd buy it on DVD - unless I was in a 'completist' mood, but it was harmless enough.
skiffy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #67
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

It was Fantastic to see the guys back together, they just fitted into their rolls again perfectly, , , ,as if they had never been away

However, the script only raised a couple of smiles from me but no out bursts of laughter, like the old ones used to do. Sorry!

So,
Top marks to the guys . . . . low marks to the script

The new Starbug did make me smile though (plant pots for engine thrusters???? where ever did they get that idea from )
Old 17-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #68
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnapollo View Post
There is a review in tonight's paper (Edinburgh Evening News) with quotes from the cast. This from Craig Charles;

"This is Red Red Dwarf for the 21st century, this is not a situation comedy, this is a comedy drama. It looks like it is shot on film, it looks like a film. The performances are a lot more considered, it is not us running around shouting at each other and insulting each other any more. There's lots of emotion, a lot of pathos."

Whereas earlier shows were filmed in front of a live studio audience, Charles says that the new series has a more modern approach.

"Comedy has moved on and people don't need to be prompted when to laugh or to be told what's funny, they'll find it funny if they find it funny."

The cast apparently think this is some of the best Red Dawrf they've done and hope that it is the start of a new beginning.

Keith
Translation: not very funny. I hate it when people over think a thing and then change it for the worse. Well, Thanks to the miracle of Youtube, I just viewed the special. It was OK, but not great. I did love the nose guy bit and the way they worked BR into the Red Dwarf universe, but the story itself was weak. Too Bad, but still worth a watch. My favorite seasons began with the introduction of Starbug. Stuff like Waxworld was a riot (Winnie the Pooh refuses the blind fold).
By the way, hanging ending from the last season was left unresolved (except for a fan film...maybe the fans should have written this one!). What's up with that??
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #69
telster
Medical Technician

Ok - after hearing about the new RD episodes I had the same feelings i think most fans would have had - high hopes but fully expecting to be disappointed. Now - well yeah, I know it didn't hit the high notes but y'know what? I think I liked it. Best RD that Doug Naylor has done since he lost his Grant.

Now where did i leave that dicetylene?

Last edited by telster; 18-04-2009 at 11:43 PM.
telster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #70
tastic1
Geological Technician

Default No laughing mattter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MkIXHawk View Post
Well, an end to canned laughter has to be an improvement
First of all the old shows were recorded on the whole in front of a live audience
and Boy did I feel the new show needed it.. It was dead (boring)
tastic1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 14-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #71
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

I must admit to being disappointed with it. There were a few laugh worthy jokes like the dig at people not being able to keep track of DVD's, but the Blade Runner references were just too much.

The Starbug Smart Car was well done though. Imagine if Corgi did a small scale replica to go with their Starbug and Red Dwarf, though I suppose its possible in a limited release when the DVD is released.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #72
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

I love "Red Dwarf"
eaglewingone is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #73
Stu73
Communications Officer

I haven't seen the last part- but can someone explain to me how Rimmer was back with Listy and Cat etc. when at the end of RDVIII, he was alone in(cant remember which reality) one side of the mirror whilst the others had left? All I can remember was that he kneed 'Death' in the groin and that was it...
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Tags
sci fi, science fiction