Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 27-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #21
moonbus
Weapons Technician

Default see anything wrong?

Again I could use your eyes. Comments please. How do my cardboard cutouts look against the photo of the 11 foot discovery?
moonbus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #22
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

I would suggest the first photo looks a bit better. The hexagonal engine opening seems a bit on the shallow side in the second photo.

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #23
moonbus
Weapons Technician

Thank you for the replays. JD I believe the picture is of the 11 foot model and the camera was at least 10-15 meter away. I tried to replicate this as best as possible, but as for the lens of the camera I tried to make it as telephoto as I could. As for the angle I put it up at 2 meters, and put the camera on the ground trying to simulate half the distance of the 11 foot ship. I think you are correct it may be just a tad bit to short. I will correct this in the final version.

Saturnapollo you have a good eye as I too think the hexagonal engine opening seems a bit on the shallow side. Unfortunately I can't change this part of the engine, and I do think it is ever so slightly to shallow. FYI the first and second pictures are one and the same just cut in half and flipped.

Here are the photos before I started messing around chopping things in half

I was trying to see what it looked like from a semitry point of view, and what it looked like from a "completing the picture" point of view. What do you guys think of the angles off of center of the cone facets and the fins/gussets. I think the lowest hex-cone needs to flair out a bit more and that would change the second hex-cone to a less flared out look witch may look more correct. Again thanks for the extra eyes and help.

Tim

Last edited by moonbus; 28-05-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 28-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #24
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

Looking good. It is maybe just a perception thing, but the cone directly behind the ring of oblate "things" looks to be too narrow at the wide base. Looks like it should be a bit wider which would lead to a lightly deeper angle leading towards the rear (I hope that's an understandable explanation ).

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 06:13 AM   #25
moonbus
Weapons Technician

Default Thank you very much

Thanks guys for your observation. I am inclined to agree. I some times get to close to this project and after many hours I just can't see things straight. I think this is enough info for now to make a new pattern for the cardboard test design of the engine. Again thank you for all the GREAT input.

Tim