Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > A Matter of Balance

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #21
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
You're welcome to criticize anyone you please, eaglewingone. Doing so will not lend the slightest credibility to LoBaido. He's a nutter.
You used a nuttier left wing news site who are bias against conservatives like LoBaidio. That site has a bias against conservatives. They even say that they are a "watchdog" against the conservative new media. That stinks of a left-wing bias. Did you read wh is supporting them? Left leaning sites and organizations

This is their mission:

What's the ConWeb?
The focus of ConWebWatch is what I collectively call the ConWeb -- large, well-funded, Internet-based conservative "news" organizations NewsMax, WorldNetDaily and CNSNews.com. I also look at conservative media "watchdogs" Media Research Center and Accuracy in Media, as well as the MRC's NewsBusters blog.

Millions of dollars have been poured into the creation and promotion of these conservative web sites, with money coming from such sources as Richard Mellon Scaife and the usual armada of conservative foundations.

Additionally, conservative talk radio hosts often use these conservative news sites as sources of topics to discuss on their shows, giving the slanted, distorted and, on occasion, just plain inaccurate stories that appear on these sites an even greater audience.

The goal of ConWebWatch is to document the distortions, excesses and hypocrisy of these conservative media sites. Using their own words, ConWebWatch hoists the conservative media on the petard of hypocrisy, accuracy and objectivity.

here is the link:http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/about.html

Last edited by eaglewingone; 04-06-2009 at 05:01 AM.
eaglewingone is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #22
Neal
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglewingone View Post
Yoiu still used a left wing site(who are against conservatives) to drill a hole in my arguement
The JREF (http://randi.org) has no political affiliation -- but why would the politic bias of LoBaido (or the political bias of any person, for that matter) have any bearing on the existence of paranormal phenomena anyway? I'm afraid the connection escapes me.
Neal is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 AM   #23
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
The JREF (http://randi.org) has no political affiliation -- but why would the politic bias of LoBaido (or the political bias of any person, for that matter) have any bearing on the existence of paranormal phenomena anyway? I'm afraid the connection escapes me.
You are attacking the persons political beliefs by using ConWebWatch.Admit it you do not like him because he is a conservative.

http://conwebwatch.tripod.com/about.html

The focus of ConWebWatch is what I collectively call the ConWeb -- large, well-funded, Internet-based conservative "news" organizations NewsMax, WorldNetDaily and CNSNews.com. I also look at conservative media "watchdogs" Media Research Center and Accuracy in Media, as well as the MRC's NewsBusters blog.

Millions of dollars have been poured into the creation and promotion of these conservative web sites, with money coming from such sources as Richard Mellon Scaife and the usual armada of conservative foundations.

Additionally, conservative talk radio hosts often use these conservative news sites as sources of topics to discuss on their shows, giving the slanted, distorted and, on occasion, just plain inaccurate stories that appear on these sites an even greater audience.

The goal of ConWebWatch is to document the distortions, excesses and hypocrisy of these conservative media sites. Using their own words, ConWebWatch hoists the conservative media on the petard of hypocrisy, accuracy and objectivity.

They are funded by Media Matters. Here is some info on Media Matters:

Media Matters for America (or MMfA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2004 by journalist and author David Brock. Media Matters for America describes itself as "a web-based, not-for-profit, progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media." Media Matters for America defines "conservative misinformation" as "news or commentary presented in the media that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 AM   #24
Neal
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
You used a nuttier left wing news site who are bias against conservatives like LoBaidio. That site has a bias against conservatives. They even say that they are a "watchdog" against the conservative new media. That stinks of a left-wing bias.
Ah, I see. You're confused. http://randi.org is not a left-wing news site; it's not a news site. They do not say that they are "watchdog" of any kind, let alone against any kind of media -- conservative, new, or otherwise.

From the site:

"The James Randi Educational Foundation is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1996. Its aim is to promote critical thinking by reaching out to the public and media with reliable information about paranormal and supernatural ideas so widespread in our society today."

I recommend it to you.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #25
Neal
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Oh, conwebatch.com! I see. I just picked the first of many links about LoBaido; there are a bunch. It's the established facts of his lunacy, as outlined there and elsewhere, that are of interest -- not necessarily the site itself.

I thought you were talking about http://randi.org -- which I again recommend heartily

Old 04-06-2009, 05:07 AM   #26
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Ah, I see. You're confused. http://randi.org is not a left-wing news site; it's not a news site. They do not say that they are "watchdog" of any kind, let alone against any kind of media -- conservative, new, or otherwise.

From the site:

"The James Randi Educational Foundation is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1996. Its aim is to promote critical thinking by reaching out to the public and media with reliable information about paranormal and supernatural ideas so widespread in our society today."

I recommend it to you.
Im spent. Youre a libbie and you cannot run away from it. You attacked a writer because of his politics not for what he wrote and used a political site which was biased.Your personal politics has clouded your judgement.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:10 AM   #27
Neal
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Im spent. Your a libbie and you cannot run away from it. You attacked a writer because of his politics not for what he wrote.Your personal politics has clouded your judgement.
Respectfully, eaglewingone, you know nothing about my politics; but as you've chosen to attack me, I'll bow out. Good luck and goodbye.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:11 AM   #28
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Respectfully, eaglewingone, you know nothing about my politics; but as you've chosen to attack me, I'll bow out. Good luck and goodbye.
I think I hit a raw nerve huh?I bow out too.