Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 17-06-2009, 02:09 AM   #61
robthom
Hydroponics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
Did anyone ever play the Blade Runner adventure game on the PC some years back, it was definitely ahead of its time. Short of dying, there were approximately 16 different ways it could end depending on decisions you made throughout the game. Sometimes things that happened in one game didn't happen in another, so each one could be slightly different.

Very nice game!
I grabbed that off the shelf the same day that I bought my first computer.
It really blew my mind at the time.
And its still gorgeous looking today for the art direction. They really put forth a lot of effort into the production quality. I've still got the original disks and the booklets that talk about the production.

I heard there was even a very rare DVD version made. I've never seen it though.
robthom is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #62
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

The only thing that dates the game is the sprite characters but its still worth playing.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #63
robthom
Hydroponics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
The only thing that dates the game is the sprite characters but its still worth playing.

True, but thats like saying that the special FX today are better than they were in 1980.
robthom is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 04:24 AM   #64
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Awesome movie. The entire cast did an very good job.
eaglewingone is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #65
TerraForm1
Astrophysics Technician

The one huge distraction in the original release for me occurs in the last scene with Deckard and Batty on the roof where Batty releases the dove and a shot of it flying away was inserted. It's so obviously shot in daylight and the architecture of the studio building in the background is sooooo 20th century. I believe the original night-time shot of the bird was unusable due to an uncooperative dove. The studio had pulled the plug on the money by that time and the production crew had to scramble in order to substitute a shot on the regular lot. Maybe I'm wrong. but I think that's how it played out...
Anyway: If they spent new money on inserting the real actress' face into the shattering glass window shot to replace her stunt double - tell me they fixed the more obvious and jarring dove scene...
TerraForm1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 18-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #66
Doomsday
Communications Officer

Yes.
Yes they did.

Thank God!
Doomsday is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #67
eaglewingone
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraForm1 View Post
The one huge distraction in the original release for me occurs in the last scene with Deckard and Batty on the roof where Batty releases the dove and a shot of it flying away was inserted. It's so obviously shot in daylight and the architecture of the studio building in the background is sooooo 20th century.
Los Angeles is like that.The old mixed in with the new. There are some buildings downtown that date back to the 19th century.There are whole neighborhoods that date back to the late 19th century and are declared historical sites.My grandmothers house is a state historical treasure. Too bad the entire downtown area lies on top of a active earthquake fault line which is capable of a 7 plus magnitude quake.

Last edited by eaglewingone; 19-06-2009 at 01:32 AM.
eaglewingone is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #68
Doomsday
Communications Officer

It wasn't just the fact it was obviously a trading estate building, it was the lighting (it was daylight!) and well, everything was all wrong with the shot.
Doomsday is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #69
TerraForm1
Astrophysics Technician

"It wasn't just the fact it was obviously a trading estate building, it was the lighting (it was daylight!) and well, everything was all wrong with the shot."

Thanks Doomsday - I neglected to mention the more obvious daylight mistake...
TerraForm1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote