Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Another Time, Another Place - Classic British Film and Television Discussions

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 21-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #21
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Wookie, thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't have given it to you if I didn't want to. I can remember almost all of it anyway I watched it so many times, and the most of it is just practice. I will, however, keep my eyes open for any similar DVD's and may pick up one if I can afford it when I see it.
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #22
Wookiee
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponsmith View Post
Wookie, thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't have given it to you if I didn't want to. I can remember almost all of it anyway I watched it so many times, and the most of it is just practice. I will, however, keep my eyes open for any similar DVD's and may pick up one if I can afford it when I see it.
Weaponsmith; afford it when you and I see DVD,DC and books,mags models, we like the's days is like seeing if the moon is made of gold not!(it gray dust and rocks)live is a bit crap at this time for a lot of guys and girls, no jobs for a lot of us. Part time or full time no jobs in Uk ,EU and the US and the man at the top a f*ck sneg head to boot?!!!!

smile you are along time die, so be happy.
Wookiee is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #23
Big Boris
Astrophysics Technician

Big Boris is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
Wookiee
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boris View Post
but money helps!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #25
Big Boris
Astrophysics Technician

Go Wookie- man you're on a roll !!!!

Check this out-

William Wallace will take care of those capitalist scumbags !!!

( Did I spel Capalilist right?? My spell cheque is bugerred...)

Old 07-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #26
copernicus
Medical Technician

Re the new Airfix 1/24 scale Mossie. I was in my local model shop today and asked the guy who owns it if he knew when this kit would be out. He said he had been told by a rep that because of the recession Airfix were holding the release of the kit untill the end of the year and it would be priced at - wait for it - over 125 !
copernicus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #27
Wookiee
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
Re the new Airfix 1/24 scale Mossie. I was in my local model shop today and asked the guy who owns it if he knew when this kit would be out. He said he had been told by a rep that because of the recession Airfix were holding the release of the kit untill the end of the year and it would be priced at - wait for it - over 125 !
The world of model kit is going MAD MAD over 125 that a new suit for some guys?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #28
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Cheaper than Tamiya's reissue of the 1/25th scale Chieftain and Tamiya already had the mould made.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #29
dukedexter
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeRaHGo View Post
Cheers Weaponsmith but I'm ok thanks. i kind know how to work the thing now (revell beginners on, can powered) don't i have to use thinners on the paints or something? I know I have to use thinners to clean it, but my history tutor said i should mix them with the paint? He also reccomended Tamiya Thinners.
cheers
I'm a relative beginner with an airbrush and agree with your history tutor's recommendation - I've found Tamiya paints and thinners easier to use and give better results than enamels. Easier to clean up too. Worked for me!
dukedexter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #30
Sage the Owl
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Its been known for some time now that the release was going to be towards the end of the year and in the 125 region, my guess is that it will be released at the IPMS Nationals at Telford in November to maximise the publicity.
The subject of the price has been flogged to death on all the major modeling forums, at the end of the day it all boils down to value for money.
If you intend to stick it together, paint it & hang it from the ceiling in the space of a couple of evenings then the value is not good but if it is going to be a several weeks or months project then the ratio of pounds to enjoyment time is considerably better.
I know that I will be in the market for one as I prefer the larger scales and from what has been released so far it looks to be a cracking kit (wish it had the 2 stage merlins though, but I expect the aftermarket boys will soon remedy that little shortfall) plus I know that it will take me several months to complete to my satisfaction so to me the price isnt a stumbling block.
"You pays yer money & takes yer choice"
Sage the Owl is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #31
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

I do think that some model firms are taking the p*ss a bit when they rerelease kits with ancient moulds and charge top dollar for it. When you see some of the stuff that Trumpeter is knocking out at decent prices you've got to wonder.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #32
Wookiee
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
I do think that some model firms are taking the p*ss a bit when they rerelease kits with ancient moulds and charge top dollar for it. When you see some of the stuff that Trumpeter is knocking out at decent prices you've got to wonder.
Hay mate have Trumpeter got a web sit ?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #33
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

It's not the fastest, but here you go.

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/war51...s/en_index.asp

Of the models they do, the early 1/35 Type 59 tanks are pretty poor, but newer kits are good. Their large scale aircraft are meant to be nice as are their ships. I've got the 1/350 Sovremmeny destroyer which has an option to build it as a full or waterline hull. You also get an etch as standard for the typically elaborate radar masts.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #34
Philjames
Hydroponics Technician

Would love one of these 1/24 mossies but my skills and patience would not do this kit justice. There is talk of a ready-built 1/18 Mosquito that will fit the bill and go very nicely with the 21st Century 1/18 NKK I already have.

http://www.collectorsaccess.com/phpB....php?f=3&t=438

Philjames is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #35
Sage the Owl
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philjames View Post
There is talk of a ready-built 1/18 Mosquito that will fit the bill and go very nicely with the 21st Century 1/18 NKK I already have.
Impressive,, I had heard that these guys were doing a 1/18th Skyraider which I was interested in but I think I will pass on the Mossie though as you are getting into R/C scales with twins.
Sage the Owl is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 15-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #36
copernicus
Medical Technician

Re the Airfix mossie price. Whilst i agree that if you were to spend several months on this kit and it probably needs it to do it justice then as a cost per hour of pleasure its not bad. BUT i can just see the wifes face when she finds out how much I have spent on a plastice kit !
copernicus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #37
Wookiee
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Re the Airfix mossie price. Whilst i agree that if you were to spend several months on this kit and it probably needs it to do it justice then as a cost per hour of pleasure its not bad. BUT i can just see the wifes face when she finds out how much I have spent on a plastice kit !
The rollpin on the back of the head? for one.
Old 17-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #38
Big Boris
Astrophysics Technician

Stop all ya belly aching- you pussies !!!
are we not men ??

must go and foot rub wifey now.......................................
Old 22-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #39
Tefier
Waste Technician

Might be nice if they also provided the build instructions like the animation maybe on a cd /dvd in the pack with other background etc. You'd still want to have the booklet though.
Tefier is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #40
Tefier
Waste Technician

As for the price, some of the 1/32 aren't too far from that once you add some PE or resin extras. I'm avoiding them since 1/72 is plenty big enough, especially if you have to store them
Tefier is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote