Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > Control Room

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 23-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #81
brinkeguthrie
Computer Technician

got the book yesterday from London- it's great. Next up, "The Future was FAB, The Art of Mike Trim."
brinkeguthrie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #82
Dunc1
Geological Technician

I think the book is good and think there have been some rather unkind things said about this book. For the price it is a fine effort, in my humble opinion.
Dunc1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #83
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Default Who are we kidding?

Who are we kidding? We all know we are going to buy a copy or two of this "UFO TECHNICAL MANUAL" book.:
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #84
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

Yep Got mine - just glad to see new product after 40yrs since the programme was on
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #85
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Default Graham Bleathman & Chris Bentley SPACE:1999 Book

As they have successfully done for THUNDERBIRDS and UFO, will Graham Bleathman & Chris Bentley ever do a Technical Manual / Illustrated Cross-sections book for SPACE:1999?

Old 22-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #86
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gerard View Post
As they have successfully done for THUNDERBIRDS and UFO, will Graham Bleathman & Chris Bentley ever do a Technical Manual / Illustrated Cross-sections book for SPACE:1999?
Why don't you ask them?
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #87
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
Why don't you ask them?
Yes, I guess that is what I am indirectly doing here by asking this question. Why are Graham Bleathman & Chris Bentley ETF Members?

Last edited by Steve Gerard; 22-01-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 22-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #88
Transporter
Life Support Officer

I am not aware of that, but I found out, that Chris Bentley has been Chairman of Fanderson, the Official Gerry Anderson Fan Club, for more than ten years...
...so I would try it there.
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #89
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Neither of these guys are 'self-publishers'. As I understand both were approached or commissioned by the respective publishers to contribute to the books and were if you will 'hired hands'. In fact Chris Bentley only wrote the text around the imagery supplied by Nick Foreman so really Nick was the main contributor as far as the casual reader really needs to think. I guess if anyone here is really interested in seeing a similar publication but relating to SPACE:1999 it would be Reynolds and Hearn that need asking and neither Chris nor Graham. I think to be frank that a book on SPACE:1999, but in a similar format to the others mentioned, is not likely given the much lesser amount of 'star' vehicles available to draw either by hand or computer. THUNDERBIRDS, UFO and maybe 'SCARLET' certainly have a large enough line-up of vehicles that the general public recognise to warrant these sort of books, and it has to be remembered that by and large that is who publisher want to aim these sort of books at and not so much guys like us. JOE 90, STINGRAY and even 'SPACE' don't have the level of 'star' vehicles that the others have. Even Sci-Fi enthusiasts would be hard pushed to name anything aside from the Eagles in SPACE:1999 wheras people on the street could probably roll off quite a list from 'SCARLET', THUNDERBIRDS or UFO. Maybe a combined thing with all of the other shows possibly but just SPACE:1999 isn't one I'd think we'd see.
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #90
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Chris isn't the Chairman of Fanderson and hasn't been for a few years now. Graham's wife posts here sometimes but like I say I think the publishers are the guys to approach as opposed to the writers or artists if you want to push for a book on SPACE:1999 vehicles.

http://www.rhbooks.com/index.htm

BTW Just checked the back of one of the books I do own and saw Graham has indeed already done a general SUPERMARIONATION cross section technical type book.

Last edited by Jim Lewis; 22-01-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote