Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
aj-1701
Hydroponics Technician

Default Blakes 7 DSV Liberator

I've been working on this little kit over the last couple of weeks... It has been sitting in my closet for about 18 years so with I figured it was time to give it a go. Yes it is the little kit from Comet for those curious or not sure.

As far as the kit goes its not to bad. The styrene is a bit softer than what I've worked with, infact it's almost the exact opposite to the Dalek kit they did about the same time. The instructions could have been better especialy in regards to painting and decal placement. But thanks to the world wide web there is enough info out there to help a bit though interpritation is pretty broad on the subject. The PE set that comes with it is a nice touch but the probes are a bear when attached as they are fairly thin and bend at the slightest whim... So when it comes to the pods I'll be doing them last!!!

What I hadn't been prepared for was the degradation of the decals. They still held thier body but some of the colours had gone off a bit. There are still some touch ups and fine detail to be done on the main hull assembly, the stripping on the bulb is not studio acurate and they were a challenge to put on too. So don't be to harse on nit picking just yet...

Cheers,

Alec.
aj-1701 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Stu73
Communications Officer

Looking good. Nice to see another Liberator out there.
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
w8cmp
Science Officer

Try substituting thin brass rod for the photoetch on the pod probes - worked for me many years ago !
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
aj-1701
Hydroponics Technician

Default It's finished...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8cmp View Post
Try substituting thin brass rod for the photoetch on the pod probes - worked for me many years ago !
Thanks Stu73

Thanks for the tip w8cmp I think I might just be going down that path because I persavered with the pe but as you can see in the finished shots they are so suseptable to loosing shape!!! Over all the finish is generally pretty good but it came out pretty much an at arms length display piece. I started experimenting with pastels and subtle airbrushed panels etc... Might of got a bit heavy handed though on the plus side it does help hide some mistakes I guess it's just that side of me that can't picture a pristine captured rebel battle cruiser hurtling trough space...

Cheers,

Alec

Last edited by aj-1701; 31-01-2010 at 05:53 AM.
aj-1701 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote