Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum


Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
aj-1701
Hydroponics Technician
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunny Brisbane, Queensland Down Under
Posts: 33
Default Blakes 7 DSV Liberator

I've been working on this little kit over the last couple of weeks... It has been sitting in my closet for about 18 years so with I figured it was time to give it a go. Yes it is the little kit from Comet for those curious or not sure.

As far as the kit goes its not to bad. The styrene is a bit softer than what I've worked with, infact it's almost the exact opposite to the Dalek kit they did about the same time. The instructions could have been better especialy in regards to painting and decal placement. But thanks to the world wide web there is enough info out there to help a bit though interpritation is pretty broad on the subject. The PE set that comes with it is a nice touch but the probes are a bear when attached as they are fairly thin and bend at the slightest whim... So when it comes to the pods I'll be doing them last!!!

What I hadn't been prepared for was the degradation of the decals. They still held thier body but some of the colours had gone off a bit. There are still some touch ups and fine detail to be done on the main hull assembly, the stripping on the bulb is not studio acurate and they were a challenge to put on too. So don't be to harse on nit picking just yet...



Cheers,

Alec.
aj-1701 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Stu73
Communications Officer
 
Stu73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 1,381
Default

Looking good. Nice to see another Liberator out there.
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
w8cmp
Science Officer
 
w8cmp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Romford, London, England
Posts: 5,523
Default

Try substituting thin brass rod for the photoetch on the pod probes - worked for me many years ago !
w8cmp is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
aj-1701
Hydroponics Technician
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sunny Brisbane, Queensland Down Under
Posts: 33
Default It's finished...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8cmp View Post
Try substituting thin brass rod for the photoetch on the pod probes - worked for me many years ago !
Thanks Stu73

Thanks for the tip w8cmp I think I might just be going down that path because I persavered with the pe but as you can see in the finished shots they are so suseptable to loosing shape!!! Over all the finish is generally pretty good but it came out pretty much an at arms length display piece. I started experimenting with pastels and subtle airbrushed panels etc... Might of got a bit heavy handed though on the plus side it does help hide some mistakes I guess it's just that side of me that can't picture a pristine captured rebel battle cruiser hurtling trough space...



Cheers,

Alec

Last edited by aj-1701; 31-01-2010 at 05:53 AM.
aj-1701 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com