Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 23-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Default 1:18 FAB 1 diecast Replica

Miss the PE studio scale FAB 1, couldn't afford one? always longed for a nice sized Diecast replica of Lady P's ride for 40-50?

Well I think people power works so I've started the ball rolling and sent the following:

"I would respectfully request that Mattel/Hotwheels pursue from Carlton Media/Rolls Royce a production License for a 1:18 Scale Lady Penelope's Rolls Royce, FAB 1.
This would be a worldwide best seller bar none.
This request will also be made to AutoArt, Joyride, MiniChamps, etc may the first company to secure a license reap the rewards.
" (copy and paste) to Mattel's Customer services dept, here: http://service.mattel.com/uk/feedback.asp
For Ertl/RC2 go here: http://www.ertltoys.com/brand/compan...ntact_us.shtml
For Minichamps go here:
http://www.minichamps.de/index.php?i...s=de&a=6&b=&c=
For AutoArt go here: http://www.autoartmodels.com/web/en/contactUs
All those that would like to see a 1:18 affordable diecast on the market please feel free to follow suit

Last edited by Knight1966; 23-06-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Knight1966 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
FALLINGSTAR
Communications Officer

You could try but I can't see that happening in the near future. The last Thunderbirds film bombed so they might take some persuading. I don't know how well the Sunstar Fab 1 sold even though it's quite sought after now.
FALLINGSTAR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLINGSTAR View Post
You could try
No one ever achieved anything by not trying.

Nothing to do with the film version or the film I'm talking about the classic original, easily as iconic if not more so than the Barris Batmobile for example or indeed any of the 'Film/Tv cars that are ever increasingly available as 1:18 diecasts eg:- Trans Am KITT,The complete range of AutoArt Bond cars, Starsky's Gran Torino, the Burton Batmobile or the Tumbler,the BTTF DeLorean, Ecto 1 all good sellers with a worldwide market and collectable value and you don't think FAB 1 belongs in that list?

Guess I'll be the only 'voice' to stand up and ask for what I'd like, at least I have tried.
Old 24-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
Lee S
Eagle Pilot

1:18 market is booming so I'd say there's a fair chance of this happening. And they have make some 'unusual' cars in the past. Only real problem I see is the size. FAB-1 is a fair bit bigger than an average movie car and at 1/18th it'll be a beast.

L
Lee S is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S View Post
1:18 market is booming so I'd say there's a fair chance of this happening. And they have make some 'unusual' cars in the past. Only real problem I see is the size. FAB-1 is a fair bit bigger than an average movie car and at 1/18th it'll be a beast.

L
...especially because many of the (in reality) bigger cars like the Burton Batmobile (done by Mattel) are not really in 1/18 but a smaller scale to fit the standard packaging size...
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 26-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
paulcarson
Communications Officer

Why don't you pursue them for a Gerry Anderson line ? Imagine an SPV , SPC and MSV in 1/18 scale ?
paulcarson is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Knight1966
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcarson View Post
Why don't you pursue them for a Gerry Anderson line ? Imagine an SPV , SPC and MSV in 1/18 scale ?
Gotta start somewhere and FAB 1 was 1st on my list. Not looking to do this on my own one voice is but one voice, if the rest of you add your voices it starts to resonate in the ears of the manufacturers as the sound of cash registers going Kerrrching!!! and they start to thinking about putting something out there so c'mon I started the ball rolling, your turn (I even posted the links for you all)