SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 28-12-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
Dakota_in_the_sky
Eagle Pilot

Default 1/25th scale Chieftain resin parts interest thread

Hello all,

I have an original Tamiya 1/25th scale Chieftain.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in resin cast copies of the chassis, wheels, bogies, grilles, etc to make the Laser Tanks.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Robert
Dakota_in_the_sky is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Default Tank

Sorry mate,
i just got a brand new "Toyway" one a couple of months ago for my laser tank or i would have been very glad for some parts.

All i need now it an Airfix Warspite and i can start........ Yes after the Eagle is done
Old 28-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
Eagle-1

Rab,

Post a picture of the "Toyway" box if you don't mind.

I've heard mention of the "Toyway" before, but I've never found one. I've found the "ToyStar", "Modelcraft" and, of course, "Tamiya", but I've never been able to locate a "Toyway" and I would like to see a box to know what to look for.

The Warspite shows up down by the bay from time to time, but it's getting pretty expensive. It's one of the very few kits I didn't make molds of for the "Eagle" type tank because they were readily available at the time I was building and I bought several at $7.99 each.

Unfortunately, they have become OOP now and prices are climbing. Shoulda bought even more. Who knew?

Dakota, I've made every other part for this build, except the wheels, chassis and the like. Post a picture or two of your chassis. I would like to see how they came out. I never attempted it, because like the Warspite, the "Modelcraft" and "ToyStar" kits were still readily available. The non-motorized Modelcraft went for $22.99 and the motorized ToyStar was $24.99 and was still a good deal even though every one I bought came from Japan. Shipping was very reasonable.

As you said though, the "Tamiya" parts were best taken from a "Tamiya" kit. I've not done bad on the few I own, but I HAVE seen them go for stupid prices.

I would recommend to anyone interested in this thread, or interested in many other Space:1999 builds for that matter, to pick up a few AIRFIX 1/600 Bismarck kits. They are still available through some online model shops for a very reasonable price.

Rob.
  Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 01:03 AM   #4
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Default Numpty

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry. i am a Numpty

It is the ToyStar Chieftain tank (and also a airfix 1:600 scale Bismark) i got from a German Model shop and the price for the two was much better than ebey with no problems at all www.moduni.de just drop them an email or search for Chieftain tank, thats what i did.
i just checked and they dont have the right scale in stock but there was another German model store selling a 1/25 scale when i got mine. Try a general search and wade through all the pages of c@#p untill you get one.
I know that one of the grills on the ToyStar is upside down but i am too old to count rivets so it will be close enough for me

I have been waching the Bay and know that the Warspite goes for about 18-26 +p+p so i will prob have to get one as time goes by but when i do, i have two choices,
1. use the two parts (cut one up) and junk the rest
2. get the silicone and resin out again

let me think

As for the Tank, i would still love any help at all in information regarding its parts and construction. and YES the couple of parts from the MOTORISED Testors Hawk helicpter kit (i got the wrong one as well) as i said " i am a Numpty"

On a diferent note, Does anybody know where Jim Small is? i have been trying to contact him for a month with no Luck...... has he been abducted by Aliens or just still Drunk under the Christmas Tree ?
Old 29-12-2006, 08:06 AM   #5
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Default Tank

Woke up this morning thinking about more questions for EAGLE-1. (God, i must get out more )

Rob,
What did you do for the back door of the tank?
Was it from another kit?
Did you scratch build one yourself? ( make any copies that you would exchange for some beer vouchers or perhaps a kidney )

Old 29-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Eagle-1

Hey Rab,

We may be hijacking Dakota's thread here???

Here's what I ended up with:

"Eagle" tank rear door

It's completely scratchbuilt.

Rob.
  Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #7
Dakota_in_the_sky
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1
Hey Rab,

We may be hijacking Dakota's thread here???

Here's what I ended up with:

"Eagle" tank rear door

It's completely scratchbuilt.

Rob.
Don't worry. I'm up for any discussion about the Laser Tank.

Since there doesn't seem to be any exitement about the chassis and wheels, I don't feel I need to invest in resin casting the parts. I would need at least 10 to 15 interested modelers to make the project worth it. Thank you to Big Rab and Eagle-1 for posting your opinions.
Dakota_in_the_sky is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote