SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 16-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #41
tastic1
Geological Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Price View Post
For me it is Kate Kestrel singing SOS Mr Tracey, from Terrahawks.

Don't like the video much but the music is great and here it is....................

Cheers - J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kLk3wrAxyc
Its directed by Gerry Anderson himself!!!!
It was bloody awfull,:thumbdown even for the time!
tastic1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #42
Taranis
Geological Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Bagpuss View Post
I have to guiltly confess to downloading two tracks from itunes from Barry Gray's Space 1999 album. I thought the best epsiode music was Testament of Arkadia. It summed up the atmosphere of Season 1 really well. What's your favourite peice of music ??
I hope it OK bumping old thread

but I have to answer this in agreement.

This musical piece is also my favourite. Barry Gray´s music really gave the first season gravity and atmosphere.
Taranis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:08 PM   #43
David A. Sobral
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
I hope it OK bumping old thread

but I have to answer this in agreement.

This musical piece is also my favourite. Barry Gray´s music really gave the first season gravity and atmosphere.
Not to pick nits but, the music from "Testament Of Arkadia" wasn't done by Barry Gray. The two tracks used (one is called "Picture Of Autumn", I forget the name of the other) are by Sergei Lancen & Ariel Dutour. I looked for those pieces for years. Finally, I found a copy of the Fanderson 2-disc "Space:1999" soundtrack & my dream was fulfilled! Beatuiful pieces & although not done by Gray, they fit in very well with the rest of his music. I was actually quite suprised when I learned several years ago that Gray only scored a half dozen episodes or so, the rest being tracked with music from previous Gray/Anderson productions as well as library tracks. Nevertheless, whoever the music editor was, he or she did a superb job of mixing old & new Gray compositions as well as the library pieces. It was virtually seamless &, with one or two exceptions, I thought it ALL sounded like Grays' work, the only exception being the theme used for Balors' first rampages during "End Of Eternity".
David A. Sobral is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #44
Taranis
Geological Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Sobral View Post
Not to pick nits but, the music from "Testament Of Arkadia" wasn't done by Barry Gray. The two tracks used (one is called "Picture Of Autumn", I forget the name of the other) are by Sergei Lancen & Ariel Dutour. I looked for those pieces for years. Finally, I found a copy of the Fanderson 2-disc "Space:1999" soundtrack & my dream was fulfilled! Beatuiful pieces & although not done by Gray, they fit in very well with the rest of his music. I was actually quite suprised when I learned several years ago that Gray only scored a half dozen episodes or so, the rest being tracked with music from previous Gray/Anderson productions as well as library tracks. Nevertheless, whoever the music editor was, he or she did a superb job of mixing old & new Gray compositions as well as the library pieces. It was virtually seamless &, with one or two exceptions, I thought it ALL sounded like Grays' work, the only exception being the theme used for Balors' first rampages during "End Of Eternity".
interesting .. I have never heard of these to composers .. I will have a look and see if I can find some more of their work.

But your right the person that mixed the soundtracks did a fantastic job
Old 09-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #45
David A. Sobral
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
interesting .. I have never heard of these to composers .. I will have a look and see if I can find some more of their work.

But your right the person that mixed the soundtracks did a fantastic job
Whoops! I almost forgot...the tracks used in the episode are also available on the Silva Screen release of Barry Grays' Year One score (the single disc one). It's still available for a reasonable price at either the Silva Screen or FABGear websites. It's the same tracks used on the Fanderson double disc, which is actually segments from both compositions, rather nicely edited together (I always thought it was ONE piece of music!). It'd be nice to find the COMPLETE selections but, that's a tough one. They were originally available through the Chappell Music Library catalogue. At least that was where they could be found back in the 70s & 80s.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #46
Taranis
Geological Technician

Quote:
Whoops! I almost forgot...the tracks used in the episode are also available on the Silva Screen release of Barry Grays' Year One score (the single disc one). It's still available for a reasonable price at either the Silva Screen .
I have it
listening to it now as I write this .. great stuff
Old 09-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #47
David A. Sobral
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
I have it
listening to it now as I write this .. great stuff
Great stuff, indeed! The Fanderson 2CD set is the nicer of the two but, it's something of a holy grail. Even the copy I have is a bootleg, although I didn't know it at the time. Still, the sound quality is great as is the selection.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #48
Taranis
Geological Technician

Quote:
Great stuff, indeed! The Fanderson 2CD set is the nicer of the two but, it's something of a holy grail. Even the copy I have is a bootleg, although I didn't know it at the time. Still, the sound quality is great as is the selection.
I don´t have the the Fanderson version. I hope to find it some day
Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #49
David A. Sobral
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
I don´t have the the Fanderson version. I hope to find it some day
It CAN be found! I found mine at, of all places, a "Star Trek" convention back in 1999 (of all years) right here in Connecticut (of all places). Try the "Space:1999 Fan Shop" (aka "Out Of This World"), "Soundtrack Collector" or e-bay (though you'll probably pay thru the nose there). I paid $60 each for the Year 1 & Year 2 Fanderson sets. Considering how long I've been awaiting the "definitive Space:1999" soundtracks, I found them to be well worth the price!
Old 17-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #50
manoil
Geological Technician

the season 2 theme ......i crank it up the stero!!
manoil is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote