Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
Eagle12
Astrophysics Technician

Default 'Space Precinct' on DVD

Beginning November 23rd Image Entertainment will be distributing the complete series of Space Precinct on DVD. The 5-disc set will contain all 24 episodes (1063 minutes) of the U.K. program, presenting them in full screen video and English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio. Cost is $49.98 SRP.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Spa...#ixzz0yISQm4cN

Amazon: AmazonAmazon

Last edited by Eagle12; 01-09-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added Amazon Listing
Eagle12 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Blue Moon
Communications Officer

Default SP-like fine wine?

Actually, this much maligned series is worth a look. I pretty much gave up on it during it's original tv run back in the nineties, but then bought the whole series on DVD a few years ago and just today, watched 3 episodes that I'd never seen before-and they were really good! They were some of the later eps and the model effects as well as the story were much improved! I bought the DVDs mainly for the miniature effects as I thought most of the stories/acting a bit lame, but maybe Space Precinct is like fine wine, it improves with age
Blue Moon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 05:11 AM   #3
Wardster
Computer Technician

Good news! That was the only Anderson TV series that I watched, when it was new and on TV. (Not maligning any other series -- just born on the wrong side of the pond; and wasn't fully aware the others existed, until a few years ago.) While I agree that the writing was a bit off, at times, I felt it was quite a fun show overall. I enjoyed watching it, as regularly as I could. It would have been one of the first Anderson DVD box sets I ever bought ... if it had been something a US-based DVD player wouldn't have choked on, as far as region-compatibility and all of that. But now, it looks like they're making something I can play / see!

Yay! Thanks much for mentioning that bit of helpful news!
Wardster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2010, 02:36 AM   #4
Mykol Gantt
Alphan

Thoroughly enjoyed an ep of this that I saw online. Shame it didn't last longer. I'll be picking this up.
Mykol Gantt is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Guest01
Alphan

I too bought it several years ago and thought it was great.That reminds me Rab where are you ?lol
Guest01 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 30-11-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Tim Smith
Communications Officer

I was surprised today to see Space Precinct on the American SyFy (Why they went with such poor spelling, I'll never know). This comes after Gerry's shows seemed to have been banished in the late 1990's. On Sept 13, 1999 they ran a marathon of Farscape, saying they had no plans to air Space:1999 at this time. So, for whatever reason, even the shameless plug of the DVDs, it is good to see at least one Anderson show back where it belongs.
Tim Smith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #7
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

I'm currently watching the series and it's entertaining, and has some pretty decent episodes, although overall I still tend to think of it as a bit poor.
Surprise on this viewing is when a minor guest character talks in a couple of episodes and you suddenly realise that he's 'New Captain Scarlet'.

....... S.I.G David Mark Sisson
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by areteecee View Post
I too bought it several years ago and thought it was great.That reminds me Rab where are you ?lol
I'm still here old pal, I thought you were coming over to see me after our mini meet?

OK the weather is rubbish just now and I have scoffed all the KitKats'

I will PM you.
Old 30-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
Guest01
Alphan

Its ok mate and yeah i still plan too at some stage.So what did you think of space precinct Rab? Kitkats lol i prefer timeouts or jaffas
Guest01 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote