Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 27-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
paul gray
Forum Supporter

Default Fanderson web site gone

I have just clicked onto Fandersons site and there is nothing there!!
any ideas anyone?
cheers Paul
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

See last issue of Fab, Chris Bentley who did rather a lot of the work for Fanderson has quit and I believe one of his jobs was the website. Someone else will probably now have to set it back up.

....... S.I.G David Mark Sisson
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
Mark42
Chief Eagle Pilot

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve Fanderson then Nick Williams is currently interested to hear it, probably before the next (emergency?) committee meeting in April. Anyone have ideas for the club magazine or thinks that they can write something thats intelligible now could be your chance to take part.

....... S.I.G David Mark Sisson
Mark42 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Nick wrote to me last week (I haven't replied yet which is very bad of me) and I've got a couple of items I could do. If you speak to him, let him know I'll be in touch. When and where is the next meeting?

I'm surprised the website is down. I'd have thought that it would've stayed up until it could be transferred over. A bit odd.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
cricket
Medical Officer

Back up, for the moment at least.
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 28-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #6
TonyB
Forum Supporter

The site is currently up and running as I was looking at it only a few minutes ago in another browser pane, (I normally have two browser panes open at the same time, which means that I can go and delete all the reams and reams of crap/spam e-mail I get daily and still read something interesting while I do that chore).

Chris looked after the website and you may have noticed that there had not been that much 'news' of late, and he had not been updating the site on a regular basis for most of this current year, so no doubt some one else will have to take up to mantle where the web site is concerned.

As has already been mentioned Fanderson could use some new idea's for articles for future FAB issues, so if anyone has any idea's or wants to contribute to that side of things, or if you would like to see something in particular in FAB, then now is the time to start thinking about it and let them know, I would have thought that any feedback would be welcome.

I am sure that with all the talent that we have on this forum, that somebody could come up with some good idea's for articles, be it a model related article or something else.

And before someone makes a comment, (in the nicest possible way of course), as to why don't I think of doing something to contribute, (which would be a fair enough comment), I am currently in the process of starting to help Fanderson with another aspect of the club. Although I may just sit down and see if I can come up with something that could be suitable article material.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Barrington Bond
Astrophysics Technician

Well the one thing on reflection that was missing from a lot of FAB issues was articles on the HARDWARE

To me the main thing of enjoyment was the vehicles - a good story to fit them into would be nice as well but we didn't always get that "cough"2nd season S99"cough"

Also I think someone has mentioned here that their wasn't a lot of room for the Fan in Fanderson

Regards,
Barry
Barrington Bond is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Just seen on the Fanderson web site that Gerry appears to be having a conversion at the Museum of Film and Photography. What is he being converted to I wonder ? And which bits of kit will be used ?
Air Terrainean is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #9
DX-SFX
Chief Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrington Bond
Well the one thing on reflection that was missing from a lot of FAB issues was articles on the HARDWARE

To me the main thing of enjoyment was the vehicles - a good story to fit them into would be nice as well but we didn't always get that "cough"2nd season S99"cough"

Also I think someone has mentioned here that their wasn't a lot of room for the Fan in Fanderson

Regards,
Barry
I agree. A cross section of article types would be better.
DX-SFX is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote