SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #221
William0999
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTAN View Post
wow - its certainly helped me! Brilliant! Dont suppose you have the kit too ?
Unfortunately, no. These images came from a book about the artist responsible for all of the IMAI Anderson box art.
William0999 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #222
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Default MOON CRAWLER

I agree! Cheers Will999! Excellent pics. Are they actual boxes that you've photographed? Really great pics. Helps me a lot too.

Any chance you have a colour shot of this particular UFO Moonbase? (sorry, this is the best pic I can find of it on the net)

Cheers
Woodsy
Paul W is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #223
William0999
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
I agree! Cheers Will999! Excellent pics. Are they actual boxes that you've photographed? Really great pics. Helps me a lot too.

Any chance you have a colour shot of this particular UFO Moonbase? (sorry, this is the best pic I can find of it on the net)

Cheers
Woodsy
I wish I had these kits. I photographed images from a book about the artist who painted the IMAI Anderson box art. I'm glad I was able to help. The additional box art you provided was from a re issue of the kit and was not included in the book I have. Sorry.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #224
Paul W
Weapons Technician

No probs. You've been a great help anyway. Cheers, Woodsy
Old 18-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #225
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Default SWORD MYSTERIES

There are a couple of Century 21 Project Sword mysteries I thought readers of this thread might be able to help with. Here goes:

1. Who was the box artist for Project Sword? A TV21 artist maybe? Or did Century 21 have house artists doing all the Thunderbirds/ Scarlet etc box art? A typical SWORD example is the beautiful Moon Ranger.

2. Did the large Moonbase Playset actually exist? I have info to suggest that there were 2 prototypes/display models - can anyone confirm this?

I have contacted Gerry Anderson and Keith Shackleton a number of times in the past but to no avail. Thanks to info from the forum's Chris (King) I was also able to make contact recently with John Churchwood's friendly daughter about the Moonbase but alas she was unable to help.

Here's hoping!

Old 28-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #226
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Default SPACEX IN ONE INCH WARRIOR MAGAZINE

If your'e interested in Spacex/Golden Astronaut there's some great articles in One Inch Warrior Magazine. I've a special deal with the masg on my PROJECT SWORD blog here.
Old 29-05-2009, 04:20 AM   #227
William0999
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
If your'e interested in Spacex/Golden Astronaut there's some great articles in One Inch Warrior Magazine. I've a special deal with the masg on my PROJECT SWORD blog here.
Cool stuff! Thanks for the heads up Paul.

Last edited by William0999; 20-09-2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old 29-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #228
mrthunder
Alphan

I have a Submarine Aircraft Carrier toy in its box retrieved from a toy shop stock room nearly 30 years ago. I know this sounds like an "urban myth" but in this instance it's true ! I think mine must have been a return as, unfortunately, whilst it's in unsold condition there are parts missing...

1) The back half of the underwater propulsion unit that took the battery. Though the bit with the propeller that clips underneath is present
2) The "conning tower" which clips onto the superstructure though the shiny "periscope" is present
3) The rear fin housing which also clips onto the top of the body though, again, the shiny "fins" piece is present

Which means I do have the four "missile/aircraft" which are spring-launched from the hold, also the friction motor/wheels which clip underneath [and are removeable to convert for water use] and both tail fins with splending C-21 logos thereon.

I don't think there was an instruction leaflet as this is detailed down one side of the box which, itself, is in very good order [it has Century 21 logos on it] for its age !
mrthunder is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #229
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Default JR21 ATOMIC SUB CARRIER ON EBAY!

Hey Mack29, it's amazing, remember your 'Garage' Sub - the actual JR21 toy AND fantastically the BOX are now on Ebay! If yours and the Ebay toys were combined it'd be virtually complete! Wow! This forum's original discussion even gets a mention in the description!
Old 30-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #230
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Wow MrThunder! I replied to Mack29 before I saw your posting - I wasn't ignoring yours! What an amazing find and to have the box is simply fabulous! I've never seen one before! The first I ever heard of this toy was in the early 1990's from Gordon O'Byrne, curator of the Stingray Museum. And here it is with the box! Funny how there's no mention of Stingray. Wonder if was marketed to be one of JR21/Century 21's non-Anderson toys like the Hurdler and the Rocket Launcher. But we know the design is Ron Embleton's/Graham Bleathman's so it's odd they didn't link it to the TV show on the box. Would it be possible for more pics of the box from different angles for posterity on this Forum and my SWORD TOYS blog - where I've given it a plug too - (I've emailed you via Ebay too!). Thanks for the heads up on the Ebay listing. After the Nuclear Ferry seen in January this is the JR21 toy of the year!

Old 30-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #231
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Quote:
But we know the design is Graham Bleathman's so it's odd they didn't link it to the TV show on the box.
Paul - not sure if there might be some confusion here ? What design are you referring to ? The submarine aircraft carrier first appeared in TV21 in 1965, in a strip drawn by Ron Embleton. Graham only became involved in producing Anderson illustrations around the early 1980s.
Air Terrainean is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #232
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Quote:
But we know the design is Ron Embleton's/Graham Bleathman's so it's odd they didn't link it to the TV show on the box.

I see you've now altered your original post ! The original design was still nothing to do with Graham though !
Old 31-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #233
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Yep, my mistake AirT. Thanks. I've got Graham Bleathman's cutaways on the brain! Ron Embleton it is. Still, why do you think Century 21 didn't mention Stingray on the box cover ? ( I haven't seen the sides or back so it could be there of course).
Old 31-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #234
Air Terrainean
Life Support Officer

Quote:
Yep, my mistake AirT. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #235
mack29
Astrophysics Technician

Quote:
Hey Mack29, it's amazing, remember your 'Garage' Sub - the actual JR21 toy AND fantastically the BOX are now on Ebay! If yours and the Ebay toys were combined it'd be virtually complete! Wow! This forum's original discussion even gets a mention in the description!
Hi Paul,

Followed the link and it was great to see the toy's box. Unfortunately the price is too rich for me, particularly as it does not include the missing conning towers.

What is a rum turn of fate is that the seller is based in Blackpool: the most likely contender for where mine came from all those years ago.

Regards

Barry
mack29 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #236
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Default JR21 Carrier

Hey Mack29 (Barry), see MrThunder's message to us, #228. MrThunders the seller on Ebay. Not sure of you'd seen it? Paul
Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #237
mrthunder
Alphan

Paul, did you get all the photos of the toy I sent on Saturday ???

David
Old 08-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #238
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Default JR21 STINGRAY SUBMARINE AIRCRAFT CARRIER

Yes, thanks David. They were posted on my SWORD blog the same day.

Have a look here:

http://projectswordtoys.blogspot.com...t-carrier.html

Awesome!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #239
mrthunder
Alphan

That's great - glad to put these things 'on record', as it were. I have a few more SWORD toys and may well part with them soon but will make sure the fans and archivists get a proper photo record [if one is needed] before they go
Old 30-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #240
Paul W
Weapons Technician

Default Century 21 Submarine Aircraft Carrier Restored

MrThunder, Mack129 and co, not sure of you've already seen these pics - the Century 21 Submarine Aircraft Carrier toy, as originally designed by Ron Embleton, recently bought by a SWORD blog reader from MrThunder has been restored it to its former glory. To see the pics click here.. It looks brilliant.