Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 22-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #21
FeRaHGo
Communications Officer

Thanks! I will try to get my hands on a Mauser body. As it happens I'm running/marshalling a Warhammer 40,000 night at my local airsoft site and I will be going as a commissar, a laspistol would suit it to the ground. Now for a lookabout the internet!
FeRaHGo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 04:17 AM   #22
Flashheart
Weapons Technician

You can usually find the plastic airsoft pistols cheap on ebay, the metal bodies ones for not much more, when taking the slide off of the plastic one take care they have some thin spacers that snap easily.
I don't have many production pics, i tend to work at home making these up as i go *L* but here are the parts, some initial construction of 2 components (prepaint/metallizing etc) and there is already a pic of the finished version..
And just because i am quite proud of the design (even though a revised and improved version should be arriving tomorrow) It was my first Space pirate Battleship miniature so i am posting a pic of it, paint job could be better but the new version has more and crisper details so i can do a better job with it.

I am not selling guns right now because i'm not sure if there is enough of a market I am doing research now to see if it would be worth the effort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beginning-the-conversion-m.jpg (27.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg emissionbell.jpg (43.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg solarraycatcher.jpg (84.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg lorelei painted.jpg (41.4 KB, 19 views)
Flashheart is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #23
FeRaHGo
Communications Officer

I love the creativity here! Thanks for the advice, I am now looking into the feasibility of building myself a laspistol
Old 27-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #24
Flashheart
Weapons Technician

Looking at an image of the Laspistol i was reminded of a toy gun i used to have and lo and behold here it is, cheap and actually the proportions look a bit more like the Laspistol

http://www.kapowwe.com/german-toy-gun.html

or i have found that while instantly recognizable as a rifle, the M16 makes a good laser pistol when chopped up and with a new barrel added (no barrel in the pic, but you can see what i mean) similiar in proportion to a Laspistol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m16mod.jpg (25.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 28-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #25
FeRaHGo
Communications Officer

it has two pistols in it! I could make a little auto pistol to go with it! Thanks for the hint. When my next batch of money comes through I will go for it and start a thread on my Laspistol. Thanks for the help mate!

Old 28-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #26
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Default Conversion materials....

I have been looking into the possibility of getting some of these "toys" for suitable conversion, one little problem....:

This applies to the UK only:

The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006
The Violent Crime Reduction Act (Sec.36) makes it an offence to:
- Manufacture a realistic imitation firearm (RIF)
- Modify an imitation firearm (IF) so it becomes a RIF
- Sell a RIF
- Bring a RIF in to Great Britain or cause one to be brought into Great Britain.
HOWEVER, Airsoft has gained a specific defence in the act meaning that from 01/10/2007, anyone intending to purchase a RIF from Wolf Armouries must either:

- Be a registered UKARA member or a member of a registered Airsoft skirmishing site. To purchase online, customers will need to be UKARA registered.
- Have the majority of the RIF brightly coloured to make it an IF instead of a RIF (detailed below)
- Acquire it under other specific defence conditions.
The VCRA increases the minimum legal age to buy an IF or RIF to 18. Nb. This doesn't affect Wolf sales as we already operate a minimum age (1 policy. It is also important to note thatthe VCRA only affects customers in the UK.

In line with the Violent Crime Reduction Act (Sec38 (3) (b)), a gun is deemed unrealistic if the majority (i.e. +50%) is in a bright colour.
Acceptable colours detailed in the act are (Available colours from us are marked in bold):
- Bright red
- Bright orange
- Bright yellow
- Bright green
- Bright pink
- Bright purple &
- Bright blue - Available

So it might be a "no" then. However I have asked Chris Dye to investigate with the supplier as to whether it is possible to supply prior to painting in either Yellow or another colour from the list. We await a reply probably after the new year.

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #27
FeRaHGo
Communications Officer

Im UKARA anyway. But im not sure that the sci fi stuff counts. If you fill the barrel with something (my laspistol would only fire foam darts anyway) to stop it firing the sky pirate pistol is not obviosuly a replica firearms. The VCRA covers only RIFs (replica imitation firearms), and the laspistol/sky pirate pistol are not imitations of real guns, obviously so. I see no harm in selling the guns without a license as long as you deactivate the mechanisms so they are never able to fire again.

Cap'n if you want your own pistol to convert you can buy a two tone (this also covers guns that are 50% transparent). Two tones are obviously what they are, they are underpowered and available to anyone, regardless of UKARA license. You can then do what you want with them. If you want to make it look more realistic keep it inside your house for heavens sake or you'll get shot! (The armed response unit operate from the station across the road from Bristol Airsoft. We are surrounded by them and they just about tolerate us)

Last edited by FeRaHGo; 28-12-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: irrelevant
Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #28
Flashheart
Weapons Technician

I jut noticed the toy binocs in that 2 gun set. I am sure you have already deduced that toy binoculars especially the plain or ribbed cylinders like those make excellent gun barrels or sight attachments.

Ok, i said i would post the Painted War Machine when done and here it is...I have been designing more than i have been painting lately so am a bit out of practice *L* But i think it looks rather good. Hope the Steam powered Eagle i just posted in landing pad comes out as well when built, assuming i dont redesign it completely as i am prone to doing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Warmachine.jpg (42.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Warmachine2.jpg (49.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Warmachine 3.jpg (28.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #29
CR
Science Officer

Like that tripod, Flashheart! Looks sinister with that paint job.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #30
Flashheart
Weapons Technician

Thanks very much, that was pretty much the intent so glad to see it worked