Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Dragon's Domain - Image Gallery

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 24-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
chrisw
Waste Technician

Default 60's Century 21 merchandise

evening all

Having only just joined I posted my opening post in the wrong section!!!

As previously mentioned I collect Captain Scarlet merchandise from the 60's. As we are all custodians of our respective collections I joined with the aim of learning and sharing about anything and everything do to with CS and Angels merchandise produced from the 60's. I dont know what is considered interesting or rare but as I stated I am willing to share images of my collection if anyone is interested. I would also like to see images of anything I dont have or have not seen. As an opening gambit here is an image of something you dont see very often.Apologies for the picture quality. There is plenty more if your interested you decide.

All the best

Chris W
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phone 002.jpg (12.6 KB, 101 views)
chrisw is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

I don't wish to appear confrontational or rude but if you say you are a collector of 25 years you clearly know what is interesting or rare. I too have been collecting for as long as you and know exactly what real deal long time enthusiasts are interested in seeing. The picture of the Carded key light is great. Please try and post a larger image. I'd love to see a close up.
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
chrisw
Waste Technician

No offence taken Mr Lewis

I'll get some better images and post some pics of this and other bits and pieces.

Being a long time collector, can you tell me if Century 21 publications ever printed an A8 activity book for the Angels. Captain Scarlet books were coded CS 1-9 (obviously) and the Angels books were coded A1-9 but i.ve never seen or heard of an A8. I got a dot to dot book (lilac cover) coded A9 and a sticker fun book coded A9 did they miss out A8?.

Chris W
Old 24-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Glad you accept the comment mate. I guess the dot to dot you mean is the one with Melody on the front?
Old 24-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #5
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...e+scarlet+doll

Take a look through this thread to see what has been shown here before. Any vintage 'SCARLET' merchandise not seen there will be welcome by all especially a few guys like myself and Chris King

Old 24-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
chrisw
Waste Technician

Have had a look through the thread, fantastic collection Mr Lewis. As I said i will get some better pics and post some images of merchandise not currently shown.

By the way the Angels dot to dot book is the one with Melody on the front.

All the best

Chris W
Old 24-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Along with Chris King and a few others here there have been some pretty amazing vintage items shared. Please do post anything along those lines which haven't appeared so far as I for one would really love to see them. What sort of rare stuff do you have then?
Old 24-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
chrisw
Waste Technician

The definition of rare is subjective, my collection is based on the fundemental priciple that I but the best condition items available at the time, therefore condition is more important to me than buying anything.

I have some items that I've only seen once or twice, and some items that are more available but in mint boxed condition.

For example I have a full set of sharp & Co cards still attached to the factory header cards with a card spectrum logo on each one.
Old 24-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Love to see those. I remember a guy called Dave Griffiths had a set many moons ago that I saw. Really nice.
Old 24-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
chrisw
Waste Technician

few other bits,

Unopened Angels jewellry set, boxed complete Angels beauty set (including the little plastic flower), all the Barrett sweet cigarette boxes 10 20 and the 50 cigarette christmas box still sealed.

stuff like that really

Old 24-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #11
miger1
Astrophysics Technician

Dave Griffiths! ---now there's a name from the past! ---are you still out there Dave?
miger1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote