Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 29-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #21
AceMartini
Communications Officer

CR -- The problem with staircases is (unless they are purpose-built sets) you can't do anything EXCEPT shoot looking up or down. There's just no way to get far enough back to get angles from the side. We did work a bit of a truck move into it, anyway -- as there was a wide landing on the top floor for the dolly.

JM -- I always wished we'd planned for a few more miniatures, as the aircraft did turn out well. There are some other cool miniature shots as the movie goes along, but we could have done more.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 05:51 AM   #22
CR
Science Officer

Ace, interesting point about the angles available (or not available) for shooting in stairwells. On the other hand, that's not what I was referring to in my previous post. I just meant that it seems a lot of people (including myself) like to shoot looking down (or up) the center of the stairwell; sort of a square spiral, repetition of form, that kind of artistic thing that one doesn't normally see in nature. I never even considered the practical point you brought up!

As for the miniature work, it's looking great, at least on the small YouTube screen. I wonder if the black & white photography helps hide the fact the the miniatures are miniature. At any rate, they're photographed and matted in convincingly enough that they don't take me out of the story; they look real enough to me.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #23
AceMartini
Communications Officer

B&W, small image size, low frame rate + heavy compression = convincing effect.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:34 AM   #24
CR
Science Officer

Great! Hear that, wanna-be film makers? Screw the epic big-screen extravaganza... go YouTube!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:41 AM   #25
CR
Science Officer

So, just a bump. I'm eager to see how the story turns out!