Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Recreation and Dining Complex > Another Time, Another Place - Classic British Film and Television Discussions

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #21
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot

Holy resurrected thread batman! Anyway, I remember one story relayed to me about the Flash Gordon movie from actor Bill Hootkins, who played Zarkov's assistant at the beginning (Bill is probably best remembered for his role as Porkins in Star Wars). When the Dove broke through the wall, that was NOT a stuntman, it was Bill. And the bricks that fell on him were REAL bricks and they REALLY hurt! He was NOT happy about that obviously.

As for the Highwayman, I certainly do remember that show. It was weird and quirky, but it had its own vibe. I loved those trucks! I just want to know who in the writing staff came up with the name D.C. Montana anyway as it sounds and awful lot like D.C. Fontana, who was a writer for classic Star Trek (there has got to be a story there, even more oddball as Tim Russ played Montana and he went on to do ST: Voyager). And yes, Howie Long in the clone episode was one of my favorite ones. As I understand it was sort of intended to be a pilot for a series called "MacClone," although that could just have been a joke related to the episode and a couple characters from the old NBC Mystery Movie series McCloud were in it.
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #22
ironman1188
Weapons Technician

Yeah, one was Terry Carter who was a Lt on McCloud and Colonel Tigh on the original Battlestar Galactica.
Highwayman had great guest stars. it was kind of like a Love Boat for action shows. It had the aforementioned, Kent McCord, Chad Everett, Gary Lockwood....
And, don't forget Jane Badler as his boss!!!
ironman1188 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #23
saintcar
Computer Technician

I remember being at secondary (high) school in about 1983-84. We had a director and producer from a Youth Theatre group based in Basildon, Essex, England come in to school and audition a load of us lads for a Shakespeare production of I think it was a Comedy Of Errors. Anyway I got the part but in the end did not take it up. A friend of mine did and told me that all the costumes were from the film of Flash Gordon we are talking about on this posting. It was a good and very unusual production. The girls in the play could not believe how reviling their costumes where. Much to the delight of the male cast members and the audience. I donít know how they got the costumes. I think one of the producers may have been involved in the film or just new the costume designer. I wonder where they are today?
saintcar is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #24
Richard Baker
Eagle Pilot

Zarkoff's lab had a lot of interesting projects parked outside- including a Rocket Cycle. The production crew had fun building all those insane inventions, although they barely show up on screen.
Richard Baker is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #25
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

JD, that is miniature of Zarkoff's lab? Whose foot is that?
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #26
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Bill Pearson's.
cool
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #27
cowofzot
Travel Tube Technician

1980 Razzie Award for Worst Actor, Sam J. Jones

http://www.juggle.com/flash-gordon-4

Director Mike Hodges...

Wasn't there going to be a Flash Gordon 2?
Yes, that was the original plan and, although it was not a big hit in America, it was in Europe. But Sam and Dino fell out.
I was very fond of Sam but here's what happened: we did the main shooting up until Christmas and then we stopped for the break. After Christmas I came back and did all of the second unit stuff too. For instance, I had to do the shots with the flying men and that sort of thing – what passed as special effects back then (laughs). So I also had to shoot a whole bunch of other stuff with a stunt double for Sam and I had to re-voice the occasional line of dialogue too. Not much but some – and I got somebody to impersonate Sam's voice. You would never know it wasn't him.
But Sam found out and I think that was one factor that led to him being upset. And Dino and he just did not see eye to eye for a while. So when you lose your main star there can't really be a sequel.

http://totalscifionline.com/intervie...s-a-bumpy-ride

Nice Gallery
http://www.collectiondx.com/node/1703
cowofzot is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #28
sigspace
Weapons Technician

Hi, the jet bike was a 'quick build' by Martin Bower. It was basically the front fuselage of the Airfix 1/24th scale Stuka. The seat is the engine sump, the forks are inverted engine bearers and the nose radiator is now on the side of the model. It was all painted a 'rust' colour and weathered. The only 'made' part was the handle bars.
regards
SIGSPACE
sigspace is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #29
sigspace
Weapons Technician

here are 2 photos of the model. I have more but they are in amongst my files! ( in other words who knows where?!!!
I hope they are OK.
The model is now in a private collection in Slough.
SIGSPACE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike 1.jpg (48.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg bike 2.jpg (53.7 KB, 29 views)
sigspace is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction, scifi