Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > Launch Pad

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #301
gattispilot
Communications Officer

Or stretch the body further back behind the arms and lower the gear so it doesn't sit so high
gattispilot is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #302
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

good idea
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #303
gattispilot
Communications Officer

Here she is:

here you can the inside of the docking tube. and flight attendant

Falcon at NDA1
Old 07-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #304
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

gattispilot, Falcon images are awesome. You prove that the Falcon would have looked great on the series along side the Eagle.

Last edited by Steve Gerard; 07-03-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: ideas
Old 16-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #305
gattispilot
Communications Officer

Here are some images of someone who reworked my Eagles. I really like the door graphics. He made the cone be able to detach.

But I think he has the numbering off. I think that all doors would have the same number per eagle #. I mentioned the Nuclear generating area sign on the rear doors.

I think there is only 1 set of doors in the cockpit cone also. No room for a airlock.

Old 16-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #306
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post
Here are some images of someone who reworked my Eagles. I really like the door graphics. He made the cone be able to detach.

But I think he has the numbering off. I think that all doors would have the same number per eagle #.

I think there is only 1 set of doors in the cockpit cone also. No room for a airlock.
Nice new images, the doors have on episodes had different numbers, but maybe you should make them all the same number.

Yes, one door on Eagle CM, here is a basic floor plan(it is a passenger pod without the X5 computer wall & desk chair):
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/...mblueagle3.jpg

additional Eagle information:
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/...2starloge.html
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/...ide/uc110.html

Last edited by Steve Gerard; 16-03-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 17-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #307
steeple
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gerard View Post

Yes, gattispilot, you are absolutely right. Since it was not shown opening in the "BOW" episode, you need to add a hatch for the The SUPERSWIFT's Pilot ship rises out of a baydoor on the top cylinder shaped area. If you look at the production sketch and the photos that I posted. It looks like the top cylinder shaped area in front of the radar dish must slide open bay doors to allow the Pilot ship to rise out of a bay just small enough for it to fit down into. Remember, the Pilot ship is stored inside of the Superswift, not docked externally. This production sketch is of the Pilot ship's departure from the Superswift. The opposite of the Spacepod lowering out of it's podbay in Lost In Space's Jupiter 2. So basically, as the Jupiter 2 had the Spacepod, the Superswift has the Pilot ship.
maybe the pilot ship's bay in the superswift is just an inconsistency in the aliens hallucination that's being projected into the alphans? there may have never been an actual pilot ship at all, alan carter and the lads may have just been transported in the BOW ship to the reactor station, while it appeared to the alphans the superswift stayed on the pad and the pilot ship headed off to "earth?"

Last edited by steeple; 17-03-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling and leaving the "super" off "swift" ;-D
steeple is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 08:21 PM   #308
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeple View Post
maybe the pilot ship's bay in the superswift is just an inconsistency in the aliens hallucination that's being projected into the alphans? there may have never been an actual pilot ship at all, alan carter and the lads may have just been transported in the BOW ship to the reactor station, while it appeared to the alphans the superswift stayed on the pad and the pilot ship headed off to "earth?"
BRINGERS OF WONDER: It makes me wonder when Tony said "The SuperSwift never got off the drawing board"(before the Moon left Earth orbit) if, as you said steeple, that maybe a Pilotship was not even a part of the drawing board design. Since the Eagle was what Alan was actually flying not an imagined Pilot ship. The question is how did Alan take off in an Eagle(imagined as a Pilot ship) from a launch pad currently occupied by the alien spacecraft that was posing as an imagined Superswift. Wouldn't the alien craft have had to get off the pad for an Eagle to be raised up into position? I guess the aliens made all of Command Center personnel not see this happening.

Last edited by Steve Gerard; 17-03-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: ideas
Old 17-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #309
steeple
Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gerard View Post
It makes me wonder when Tony said "The SuperSwift never got off the drawing board"(before the Moon left Earth orbit) if, as you said steeple, that maybe a Pilotship was not even a part of the drawing board design. Since the Eagle was what Alan was actually flying not an imagined Pilot ship.
whoops, yes, you're absolutely right- i'm doing this from memory! but yes that was my little theory, that the pilot ship wasn't part of the original spec of the superswift but a fudge by the aliens.
steeple is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #310
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeple View Post
whoops, yes, you're absolutely right- i'm doing this from memory! but yes that was my little theory, that the pilot ship wasn't part of the original spec of the superswift but a fudge by the aliens.
I think you might be right.

Old 22-03-2011, 12:50 PM   #311
gattispilot
Communications Officer

Here are some more images of someone else's modules. They have it so the module will rise up if gear extended.
On their door numbers they have they numbered front to back.

not sure if I like the added airlock sign. I know it is not canon.

They also have a transfer tunnel to connect 2 modules.
Old 22-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #312
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Interesting images. Yes the 'airlock' on the door is not correct because it is not an airlock, just a direct door in or out.
Old 30-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #313
Keith Young
Medical Technician

Back when I drew the Falcon I think I had thought that maybe the freighter Falcon would be longer and with no windows. But I never got around to designing it. And sure go for it, tweek anything you feel like. And with whatever you do tweek maybe you'll let me use that to update my drawing?

As far as the boarding tube issue I guess my design falls into the same category as the Kaldorian ship, Sahala's ship, Voyager One and the Swift and Super Swift. They too didn't conform to the boarding tube either.
Keith Young is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #314
Keith Young
Medical Technician

And...I love that you are taking my design seriously enough to make changes the fit things better. It's just like me trying to somehow create the balcony window of Main Mission on top of the tower roof. While there is no such structure on the model you gotta tweek things to make it work.
I'm still waiting for some on to tweek the Jupiter 2 to where it can accommodate the lower levels, the spacepod and the chariot. Along with all the massive closet junk that they brought with them. LOL

Keith
Keith Young is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #315
gattispilot
Communications Officer

Thanks. actually someone is redesigning the J2 and using it for a web series.
http://www.lostinspacethewebseries.com/

Old 30-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #316
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Young View Post
And...I love that you are taking my design seriously enough to make changes the fit things better. It's just like me trying to somehow create the balcony window of Main Mission on top of the tower roof. While there is no such structure on the model you gotta tweek things to make it work.
I'm still waiting for some on to tweek the Jupiter 2 to where it can accommodate the lower levels, the spacepod and the chariot. Along with all the massive closet junk that they brought with them. LOL

Keith
Keith, here is a link http://irwinallengallery.com/lostins...eprints/hardy/ to Geoff Hardy blueprints fitting brilliantly everything inside the Jupiter 2 seen in the Lost In Space 1965-68 series(Spacepod, Chariot, even the Storage room and third deck Powercore both seen only in "Space Creature" episode) by increasing the size of the hull diameter/volume.

Last edited by Steve Gerard; 30-03-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: additional thoughts