Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > Launch Pad

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 20-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Default One damaged Konami Eagle and Three Micro Eagles.

Hmmmm what to do, as I now have a damaged Konami Eagle Tansporter, the two front landing pads have been broken off, (serves me right for lending stuff to people for a shop display

So I am thinking crashed Eagle with Waste Dome Caps from Nuclear Waste Area 1, which will mean that I will need at least one other Konami Eagle model now, bloody typical that, as I have recently sold my last three Konami Premium sets with the Resuce Eagle on Ebay, mind you I got very good prices for them so I am not complaning. But the normal Eagle should be easy enough to pick up and should be cheap enough.

I also have been given two Alpha Launch Platforms and three Micro Eagles from the Moonbase Alpha kit, (they were freebies which was nice). I have at least four Moonbase Alpha kits still boxed and untouched so I am unlikely to need the additional Launch Pads to make up the correct number for Moonbase Alpha kit. So I think that I will paint these up as is, I am thinking of trying to convert two of the Eagles, maybe into a freighter or such like.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
john_trek
Astrophysics Technician

Those micro Eagles from the Moonbase kit are really tempting, aren't they? Given the dismal quality of the kits' base, the layout being fundamentally flawed (3 landing pads instead of 5 being the worst), and such ... well, the Eagles are a nice little thing for the parts box. I've got a few of them stashed away myself, wondering what to do with them.

As nice as they are for their tiny size, the Eagles themselves are about twice as large as they should be if you wanted to match them to the Moonbase / launch pads that came with the kit. Heck, the launch pads themselves are about 50% oversized, and not that accurate in shape.

Long ago I started on an oversized Moonbase diorama, scaled to the min-Eagles, with the linked dual launch pads and closest buildings. Like many of my projects, it didn't get much past the design stage, and two partial Alpha buildings, but the peices are still in my modeling room in storage.

And if you REALLY want to get ambitous.... build a launch pad to scale, with complete elevator shaft, linked to an underground hanger.... cutaway view from the side.

But as usual, my ambition exceeds my available hobby time.
john_trek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
CR
Science Officer

I just posted similar thoughts about the micro Eagles on the scale thread I started. I didn't realize there was already a discussion specific to them here.

"My ambition exceeds my available hobby time." I think I may change my signature to that!
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2005, 09:45 AM   #4
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I really must place an order for some 'motivation', those 'micro' Eagles and the spare Konami Eagles are still sat awaiting attention.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote