Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > Control Room

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 18-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #61
TonyB
Forum Supporter

I spoke too soon yesterday, my volume 1 turned up this morning as well.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #62
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Gerry looked on good form yesterday for a guy of 80 years of age at Forbidden Planet. Quite a good turn out of I would imagine 100-150 when I joined the queue but I was one of the last ones there. (TRAINS!!!) He seemed keen to sign everything that people wanted to as long as they bought a copy of the book which is reasonable in my opinion as these appearances are meant to drum up interest and trade in a product. Of course everyone there seemed to be there for the books anyway and all seemed to be buying both volumes. A cross section of men and women and quite a few younger kids too in their teens who I guess got into the shows through parents or recent screenings but I could hear a few talking to Gerry who really seemed enthusiastic and knew their stuff as well. A few very long time Anderson bods dotted about as well. Some of whom I think were Fanderson people back when the club was in its infancy. Overall I am sure the shop and Gerry felt it was a success and I was pleased to shake his hand and thank the publishers for putting ot a fantastic piece of merchandise. They intimated that there could be further volumes too given the popularity as the first volume's print run is sold out to all their outlets. Let's hope there is indeed more to come.
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 09:17 AM   #63
Dunc1
Geological Technician

Default Excellent News

After the damp sqib of the Auction in February which was no one's fault, I am absolutely delighted to hear that the signing yesterday at Forbidden Planet was such a success, both for Gerry and the other people involved. I could not make it but am glad that so many people could. Even if Gerry is never able to get another television series off the ground, and I like everyone else sincerely hope that is not the case, projects like the TV21 Reprints will keep Gerry busy and in the public eye. The fact that over one hundred people came to the signing shows how greatly loved Gerry is by several generations of viewers. Where oh where is that Knighthood?
Dunc1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #64
Project 21
Travel Tube Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lewis View Post

They intimated that there could be further volumes too given the popularity as the first volume's print run is sold out to all their outlets. Let's hope there is indeed more to come.

Indeed lets hope that there IS more to come.

I have already picked up Volume One and have dispatched my Agent to seek and locate a copy of Volume Two for me.

As long as the quality leval is retained I will continue to pick up these reprints.

Looks like 'Project 21' may as well stand down for the duration, we will no doubt continue picking up and scanning 'Century 21' Comics not yet covered but for now our public sharing of any material that may be used in any forthcoming reprint books will be put on hold.

Thats not to say that we will be droppig out of sight as we still have ideas to continue putting out stuff without harming the reprint series so STAY TUNED.

-Colonel K

Last edited by Project 21; 19-04-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Project 21 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #65
Jim Lewis
Communications Officer

Your attitude does you credit mate. It is not often I have ever come across someone like you on the internet. You are of course at liberty to scan and make available whatever you like and your reasoning behind how you have done it so far is again a worthy one. However your understanding that an official licenced project available in the shops is worthy of support is a great to hear. As I often moan I am sick and tired of hearing from all these so called Anderson fans who love the shows apparently more than life itself but who will never put their hands in their pockets to buy a DVD or CD or a book like this and just prefer to perpetuate the 'Knock Off Nigel' mind set to prevalent throughout the World these days. Top marks to you mate! From what I kind of gleaned from a few people yesterday I understand that for the time being only TV21 and LADY PENELOPE, and the various specials, to which the publishers have access to and the original art where available, is what is being planned. Stuff like COUNTDOWN or JOE 90 TOP SECRET and certainly the LOOK-IN SPACE:1999 or TERRAHAWKS strips are not likely to be part of the equation so those would be great for future projects for you guys maybe.

Last edited by Jim Lewis; 19-04-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Jim Lewis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 19-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #66
Project 21
Travel Tube Technician

Thanks for the kind words there Jim, we try not to tread on too many toes as we work our way through the various GA Publications and save them for posterity.

Top Secret is now done and dusted as of last night and a sample of this series should be showing up here before long just as soon as Slinky gets a chance to catch his breath.

Our next target is the 38 Issues of TV21 & Joe90/Series Two which featured Anderson material.

We have accounted for most of these issues but there are still FIVE that are eluding us so if anyone could give us a lead on; 032, 033, 034, 035 and 037 it would be a BIG help.

-Colonel K

P.S. Scanitily clad Twenty year old students need NOT apply.
Project 21 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #67
Sage the Owl
Astrophysics Technician

E-mailed the publishers on Friday & got a reply within the hour so I cant fault their customer service. Apparently my Volume 1 hardback copy had been dispatched the day before and turned up yesterday in mint condition. Volume 2 should be despatched this week as they had cleared customs last Tuesday. Copies are being signed by Gerry on Monday & will be going out to people shortly thereafter.
I had a short e-mail conversation with Richard (the publisher) and he seemed quite pleased with sales so far & intimated that there would definately be additional volumes in the future. I dropped the sugestion to him about getting Mike Noble to do a web exclusive signed edition and he said that the idea had crossed their minds as well and it was something they were looking into, so fingers crossed for this.
Sage the Owl is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #68
Masterspy
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc1 View Post
Where oh where is that Knighthood?
This is probably a subject for a different thread, but why should he get a knighthood? Something that almost no one ever seems to get is just how much of a team effort APF / Century 21 was. Far, far more appropriate would be a special BAFTA (like the girls of The Avengers got) for the contribution to film making that the crew made. That's what I hope for.
Masterspy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #69
Dunc1
Geological Technician

Default 21st Century BAFTA

I agree there should be a special BAFTA Award dedicated to the whole outfit. A fabulous idea Masterspy. I still think Gerry should get a Knighthood and an M.B.E. for Sylvia would be nice.
Old 20-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #70
Masterspy
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
I agree there should be a special BAFTA Award dedicated to the whole outfit. A fabulous idea Masterspy. I still think Gerry should get a Knighthood and an M.B.E. for Sylvia would be nice.
Why should Gerry get a knighthood and Sylvia an MBE? What about Reg Hill? Derek Meddings? David Elliott? Alan Pattillo? Mary Turner?

Gerry didn't just set up A.P. Films wanting to make the sort of films he did - it was him and his team that enabled it to happen. The only fair thing is a BAFTA award recognising their enormous contribution.

Old 20-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #71
Dunc1
Geological Technician

Default BAFTA Appearence

I agree that all these people should be given an award. It would be great if all the surviving Century 21 creative crew, including artists like Mike Noble could take the stage at a ceremony like BAFTA and all be presented with a unique ornament made specially for the occasion. For those people no longer with us, one could be given to their respective next of kin. You have raised a valued point about certain people who have not had the honour they deserve although Gerry and Sylvia have never taken all the credit for themselves. If neither were prepared to share the same stage, then maybe just for that occassion it would put the spotlight on the other talents.
Old 20-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #72
Masterspy
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
I agree that all these people should be given an award. It would be great if all the surviving Century 21 creative crew, including artists like Mike Noble could take the stage at a ceremony like BAFTA and all be presented with a unique ornament made specially for the occasion. For those people no longer with us, one could be given to their respective next of kin. You have raised a valued point about certain people who have not had the honour they deserve although Gerry and Sylvia have never taken all the credit for themselves. If neither were prepared to share the same stage, then maybe just for that occassion it would put the spotlight on the other talents.
Gerry is always taking credit for other people's inventions! Gerry was a talented member of the crew - but he was one of a team. He just happened to be the leader. Well, by Stingray, Lew was...
Old 20-04-2009, 10:55 PM   #73
saturnapollo
Medical Officer

I seem to recall Gerry saying in an interview that his one talent was bringing other talented people together to enable the series to be produced. (I just can't remember where I read or saw that). I think he does credit others.

Keith
saturnapollo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #74
spiffer
Computer Technician

Default TV 21 Reprints

Just to get back on topic for a moment, my Volume 2 arrived this morning. It was packaged a little better than Volume 1 which arrived with some damage to the jacket.
The quality of the reprints is superb. Pin sharp, bright vibrant colours on good quality glossy paper.
Excellent.

Kevin
spiffer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #75
hwels
Communications Officer

Default Volume 5 in october 2011

Signum books has made an announcement that vol. 5 of the TV21 reprints 'Menace from space' will be available in hardback october 2011.
hwels is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote