Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 AM   #1

Default 'Battlestar Galactica' To Blast Off Into the Archives

Cult TV show Battlestar Galactica will end early next year, the program's makers have confirmed. The final fourth season of the sci-fi show will be broadcast on U.S. cable network Sci Fi Channel from November. Executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick released a statement, saying, "This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end. Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there - we're going out with a bang."
  Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Very smart people, whatever one thinks of the series. It will make it something the fans can be thrilled with, knowing it doesn't peter out into silliness. Sad but smart.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
Big Rab
Forum Supporter

Default Booo hoooo

I for one will be very sad to see the end of this series, i love it.

the good news, you say, is that they intend to make a proper ending to it, thats the only and best way to go with it.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Default Re: Booo hoooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rab
I for one will be very sad to see the end of this series, i love it.

the good news, you say, is that they intend to make a proper ending to it, thats the only and best way to go with it.

So say we all!!!!!

…even the soundtrack is good!
I will surely miss Petty Officer 2nd Class Dualla (Dee)…
Eagletransporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #5
ajmadison
Chef

Default Kandyse McClure

If you're really jones'ing for Kandyse, you can catch her in 'Santa Baby', a USA holiday feature. She plays the admin for the main character, so she gets a fair amount of screen time, albeit not as much as Jenny McCarthy. It wasn't awful awful holiday fair, so I'd guess that USA will show it again this year. Her character starts off as the shy nerdette, but the north pole brings out her passionate side.

According to imdb, Kandyse has been doing sub-plot characters on a variety of TV series, so a DVR programmed with a wish list might pull up a fair number of shows with her in them, especially now that its re-run until you scream season.
ajmadison is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #6
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Thanks for the heads-up ajmadison!
I recall to have seen Kandyse in “Romeo Must Die” and in a few Canadian TV series. She apparently resides here in Canada (like most of the BSG crew).
Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
paul gray
Forum Supporter

i always think it's a good idea to go on your own terms ,rather than being told the series is being pulled and rush a poor conclusion.clever people,leave the fans wanting more .
cheers Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
TonyB
Forum Supporter

Yup better to end it while you have some control of the content, rather than let a series die slowly or see it get cancelled with no conclusion at all.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
Stu73
Communications Officer

maybe with that gone, we'll get the real Battlestar making a comeback. wishful thinking
Stu73 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
Eagletransporter
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu73
maybe with that gone, we'll get the real Battlestar making a comeback. wishful thinking
Stu…I know it’s not quite what you’re wishing for but…according to the Razor section of the The Patriot Resource, in the upcoming season four:

The original (1970's) Cylon Centurions, Raiders and Basestars will be featured heavily in the early scenes depicting the original Cylon war.

This spoiler/update has also been circulated at the STM forum.
Fracking good news!
Cheers!

Update...
'Here's a sneak peek of the July 10...sneak peek…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kqz8CcuDsE