Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 25-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #61
cowofzot
Travel Tube Technician

True enough, but Escape from Galaxy 3 is sometimes titled Starcrash II. So it was theirs in other words, not like they nicked it from some other movie franchise. Unless I'm wrong that is. In either event, its a cool ship.

As to Shinano, I think I read that many yrs ago. US had its torpedo issues fixed by that time.

Last edited by cowofzot; 25-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.
cowofzot is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #62
Glazy
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowofzot View Post
True enough, but Escape from Galaxy 3 is sometimes titled Starcrash II. So it was theirs in other words, not like they nicked it from some other movie franchise. Unless I'm wrong that is. In either event, its a cool ship.

As to Shinano, I think I read that many yrs ago. US had its torpedo issues fixed by that time.
There is no other connection to the Luigi Cozzi film other than the fact that Escape from Galaxy 3 nicked it''s special FX and re-named itself Starcrash 2, it was also known as Space Trap. Isn't it great that back then you could steal a whole movies Visual FX for your own, maybe someone might steal the Star Wars prequels FX and actually put a decent story and characters with them one day !?
Glazy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #63
cowofzot
Travel Tube Technician

Well there you have it. Titles are deceiving. & both Italian.
cowofzot is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 04:20 AM   #64
starlord
Astrophysics Technician

The reason you don't see any models from B5 is because there has only the B5 station model put out. Because B5 was aired a lot late at night, it never got the rates like star track got, why you ask? because the powers behind s.t. made the chanels that aired B5 to do sao ate at night for most of the us. I lived in Hawaii at the time and it showed during prime time hawaii time. that's why I have all five yearsof it's shows on tape.
starlord is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote