Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Welcome To Eagletransporter.com

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

Default Hello

Hi I've looked in on this site several times and with a bit of prompting from another new member here I finally signed on.
My name is Phil I'm a 47 year old from a time when TV was a treat rather than a babysitter so what I watched really made an impact and the biggest impact of all was made by Gerry Anderson and Irwin Allen. I discovered the wonders of paper models after an accident at work meant I could no longer afford the plastic ones and consider it best thing to come out of it,although if she asks it was meeting the wife. Dan Dare and the Trigan Empire are also on my top sci-fi list.I look forward to finding my way around the forum and hope I can contribute something to it.
Thanks for having me
Phil
Gixergs is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
peter taft
Life Support Technician

Hey Phil..... Welcome mate - well you know i asked you over, and soooo pleased you have joined up, this is a GREAT site. Do you think Gary would enjoy himself here too ? We could have a PROPER crew here like the old days
peter taft is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

Hi Pete,yeah I found the site a while ago looking for something or other and had been meaning to look into joining so your invite finally made me take the plunge. Gary might well like it here I noticed several of his models are in the download section here and you know how he likes to meet his public.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
peter taft
Life Support Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Hi Pete,yeah I found the site a while ago looking for something or other and had been meaning to look into joining so your invite finally made me take the plunge. Gary might well like it here I noticed several of his models are in the download section here and you know how he likes to meet his public.
Yes i have seen them here, he will be very pleased. You have to have five post or more before pm's work on here - but that's not a problem. The amount of banter we do will certainly go down well here. From what i have seen thus far, they are all very polite and VERY enthusiastic Love the avatar by the way, i am just UP-GRADING the engines to her - i will post some results soon. I found this forum whist trying to find close ups on the engines - JOINED straight away.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

Yeah I think the pictures of the Big G your building will go down well here and show what can be done with a paper model.Do you know the status on posting links to other sites? I feel that as Gary's models are uncredited in the downloads a link to his site would be a considerate move as well as revealing to the members here some others of his models as well as the B5 ones that share the site.I've not had chance to explore properly so don't know who to contact to ask.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
peter taft
Life Support Technician

There are links knocking about, i don't think that there would be any problem linking his site here - it's all free, and relevant. Perhaps a pm to one of the admins would be a better way to go first to make sure. Pm's work straight away to the site admins, and i think there's a couple onboard now.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

OK I shall look into it,is there a list of admins?. I will try and get on here when I have more time and get my bearings.If it's permissible and I can work out where to put it I will post some pictures of Big G and include the link to his site on D,Pileggi's, spread the word of paper.How long until we give them the shock of UHU02's Aires 1!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
peter taft
Life Support Technician

Quote:
OK I shall look into it,is there a list of admins?. I will try and get on here when I have more time and get my bearings.If it's permissible and I can work out where to put it I will post some pictures of Big G and include the link to his site on D,Pileggi's, spread the word of paper.How long until we give them the shock of UHU02's Aires 1!
They will just freak when they see that Got to go to the shop before the rain comes down. Catch you on PMDC later or here. Tootles. PS Pm's are working now
Old 04-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

got yours couldn't reply 1 post short,hey wait a minutes this is one post!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
peter taft
Life Support Technician

Quote:
got yours couldn't reply 1 post short,hey wait a minutes this is one post!
All is working fine now mate. Tootles.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

You guys seem on the case.

If you need anything just shout and I can't wait to see what you have a cookin'

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #12
karr1981
Assistant Commander

Default Hi

Its great to see some more Paper modellers joining us, as you have probably seen we have started a dedicated area which we hope will grow as more people try out the awesome paper models.

Cant wait to see some of your stuff guys.

If you need anything just drop me,the Captain or any of the Mods a message

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
karr1981 is on duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote