Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Welcome To Eagletransporter.com

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Scott K
Waste Technician

Default Hello

Hello folks, Scott K. here. I actually joined the forum a while back, but never got around to posting.

One of the threads on a paper Eagle build over at Papermodelers.com prompted me to look back over here. like Phil, Peter, and Gary, I'm primarily a paper modeler myself. I'm also the creator of the B&W and Danoman paper eagle models, that I've seen posted here in a few places.

The black and white version is my original, and the other was textured for me by "Danoman", since my color hgraphic skills are still somewhat limited. Due to an ill-advised joke I played on Dano, I lost contact with him some time ago. I kidded him that he should put "A Danoman Pirate Repaint" on the sheets he did for me, since he didn't have any credit given to him otherwise. He misunderstood the "pirate" joke, and was actuially offended. Dano, if you're out there, I apologize, man!

Anyway, I've seen a couple of comments that my instructions are too vague for my Eagles. I've had trouble with other people's designs myself, but we all seem to suffer from the same problem. We all know our own designs so well, that waht may be obvious to us, may not be to anyone else. So I will look over my original instructions, anf try to make them clearer.

One problem area I'm sure is the corridors. They aren't actually finished, and were never added properly to the instructions. they were just a detail I whipped up quickly for Danoman, since he was cutting out the gridwork on the spine and service modeules, and needed something in there. My original versionwas solid in those areas.

The beak is too angular. Yup, I know. Since I design in 2d, not 3d like most, developing that shape has been a bit of a problem. I got around it on my own test build by swiping the beak from Mark and Keith's excellent Eagle, and rescaling it to fit mine. I don't have their perimission to add it to my file, so never formally did. I also don't really have an official download location, but don't mind that the models are posted here. I'm just glad that some people are actually building the thing. More pix, please!

If anyone has any specific comments or complaints, please let me know.

Just as a teaser, I also have a large (not big enough for the Eagle yet) launch pad in the works, as well as a complete MBA.

Thanks, and I'll see you around the forums.

Scott K.
Scott K is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

Hi Scott nice to see you here.I like the sound of an Eagle launch pad as well as the full MBA so I'll be looking out for that.Welcome and have fun!
Gixergs is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
peter taft
Life Support Technician

Ditto what Phil says - Great to have you here
peter taft is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #4
starshine
Life Support Technician

Ditto to that too. Welcome! and nice to see you here too.
starshine is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
Scott K
Waste Technician

Thanks, all, glad to be here.

Phil, I found an old picture of my first version of the pad. The landing surface itself is about 18 cm across. Now I just need to find the textures Gearz sent me a few years ago...

Scott K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alpha Pad 2.jpg (11.5 KB, 20 views)

Old 08-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

Looks good Scott,certainly a big improvement on the steamer stand I used as a kid.It was a metal do-dad with folding petals that you put in the bottom of a pan to stop your steak and kidney pud burning,worked well but many an important mission failed due to evil alien overlord needing to cook dinner. I hope you can find the textures,this and the Eagle will make a great display., and no dinner time problems either!
Old 14-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Scott K
Waste Technician

I'll start a new thread when I actually start to test build these, but this is a convienient place to put this for now.

I found the 3d files that Brett (aka Gearz) sent me, and started working with them. Here's the first version Pepakura file screenshots of the Launchpad, and the desktop-sized Alpha model.

The Pad justs needs labels and a parts diagram, although I'm sure most could build it as is. The MBA model needs a lot of parts re-arranging and sorting, as well as labels and diagrams. I'm also not sure about the scale. I hate tiny parts!

Scott K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pad 1.jpg (73.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Desktop Alpha.jpg (72.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 14-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Gixergs
Hydroponics Technician

Great start Scott!