Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Welcome To Eagletransporter.com

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 22-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
Andy2035
Geological Technician

Default Hi...

Hi all,

So sorry, I know this is a little late, I forgot sorry...

I'm Andy, 45yrs old, ex HM Forces, I was medically discharged in '00 after a rather bad motorcycle accident I had in '97, I spent 12 months in the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford followed by 2yrs in Headley Court, it's the Military re-hab unit, I now suffer from chronic depression as well as severe PTSD as well as physical disabilities, so am unable to work, so have lots of spare time...

I am just starting to get back into modelling, last time was when I was a kid, back then though I was only allowed to build either aircraft or Royal Hussars on Horseback (very strict upbringing), scratch building was way out of the question...

Over the years I have collected/built Die-Cast cars & trucks and re-painted them in my own colours, it wasn't until recently that I started to use E-Bay and started to find the old Dinky Eagles so I bought a couple that needed overhauling, then I found a couple of Dinky Shado 2's which also needed a good bit of TLC, which I have now done ( http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...d.php?t=135710 ), again in my own colours...

Since being here and reading posts and seeing what fantastic things you all build, I'd now like to give scratch building a go, so any help/info/advice will be gratefully recieved...

Thank you for reading...

Andy...
Andy2035 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #2
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Morning Andy,

You've had quite an adventure in your life so far, let's hope things are just as exciting but not so dangerous from now on eh?

Friendship request accepted, thank you for asking me.

I am working behind the scenes to make scratch building a whole lot easier. I am developing products to offer a range of materials and supplies that every modeller could use to build almost anything. Obviously there is a need for Eagle parts too and I am working towards that goal also.

Exciting, creative and fulfilling days ahead my friend.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
fab1
Communications Officer

Hi Andy
welcome to a very friendly bunch of helpful people!
I gave a bikes about four years ago and now whizz around if thats the word in classic cars.
I am a complete novice in model scratch bulding and Im working on two projects (Mole & Stingray) and the help ive had with advice and bits has been amazing.
Have fun!
fab1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote