SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #101
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMChladek View Post
I'm surprised no mention was made of "The AB Chrysalis" as a good year 2 episode. To me that felt more like a mysterious year 1 episode then year 2 (although just having the aliens looking like humans in a big smokey room sort of took some of that mystique away for me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTracy View Post
I have to admit, if you're going to occasionally throw me the "Hot, naked alien", I have little objection!

Two out of three ain't bad.
Steve Gerard is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #102
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

I wonder if the only real problem with Year 2 for most was Victor Bergman , Kano and Paul Morrow missing in action in Year 2 ?
1 ) speculation:If Victor Bergman , Kano and Paul Morrow were still in Year 2 without addition of Maya and Tony,
then would Year 2 have been accepted by you?

2 ) speculation:If Victor Bergman , Kano and Paul Morrow were still in Year 2 plus the addition of Maya and Tony,
then would Year 2 have been accepted by you? (I know, too big of a cast, put aside that fact.)
http://space1999.net/catacombs/main/cguide/ucc.html
Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #103
SPACE 1899
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gerard View Post
I wonder if the only real problem with Year 2 for most was [/i]Victor Bergman , Kano and Paul Morrow missing in action in Year 2 ?
By the same logic, there is a 'problem' with Year 1, because eg Tony and Yasko are present in Year 2 (with no explanation of how), but are missing in action in Year 1...
SPACE 1899 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 01:40 AM   #104
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Default Nick Tate speaks of his opinion of Year 2

Nick Tate speaks at Journey To Where Convention July 2010, it is a video link from Australia to the Texas convention. It is worth watching this July 2010 statement which closes with his opinion of Fred Freiberger involvement in Year 2. go to this link and choose the Nick Tate video:

http://www.dragonsdomain.co.uk/Conve...NEY%202019.htm
Old 15-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #105
Taranis
Geological Technician

Quote:
Nick Tate speaks at Journey To Where Convention July 2010, it is a video link from Australia to the Texas convention. It is worth watching this July 2010 statement which closes with his opinion of Fred Freiberger involvement in Year 2. go to this link and choose the Nick Tate video:

very Interesting video thanks
Taranis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 15-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #106
VTracy
Eagle Pilot

Quote:

Good stuff!
VTracy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #107
poopville
Chef

On the same page as the video there are scans of some possibly fan-made productions? It looks to be called "Space 1999 Aftershock" and another I can't make out the name but the art and design on these looks very cool and interesting. Is there any information on these?
poopville is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #108
EddieL
Computer Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopville View Post
On the same page as the video there are scans of some possibly fan-made productions? It looks to be called "Space 1999 Aftershock" and another I can't make out the name but the art and design on these looks very cool and interesting. Is there any information on these?
An Internet search for "Alphaprobe" turned up nothing, but "Aftershock" turned up the following:
1. Pop Culture Hound
2. David hueso (See his comments at the bottom of the page.)
EddieL is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #109
alfalfa
Communications Officer

3)Confirmation Can't help feeling that series 2 would have been much better if all the actors you mention had been included and the Landaus and Fred Frieburger shoved out the airlock Galactica style.
alfalfa is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #110
Steve Gerard
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfalfa View Post
3)Confirmation Can't help feeling that series 2 would have been much better if all the actors you mention had been included and the Landaus and Fred Frieburger shoved out the airlock Galactica style.
Wouldn't this do just fine with the same results?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #111
koenigeyecandy
Waste Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle 12 View Post
Or not. Based on the events of End of Eternity I suspect that Balor is actually still alive floating through Space awaiting the next hapless folks who will pick him up and take him in. I think he's actually related to Captain Scarlet!

I'm rather fond of End of Eternity. I've read that actor Peter Bowles (Balor) actually had a problem with some extreme Goth Chick who was stalking him and basically idolized/worshipped him due to the Balor character. Kinda freaky.

Force of Life is another one of my favorite Year 1 episodes. You do have to admit that Year 1 did have several episodes that really "pushed the envelope" for the time the series was made. Year 1 was successful at being thought provoking in some episodes and totally freaking bizarre and downright scary in others.

I think the most bizarre episode of Year 2 was probably Seed of Destruction. I still can't figure out why no one noticed the part in Koenig's hair switching sides, but whatever
Balor got sucked out of a airlock...and the scientific thing was there is no air in space therefore..Balor should have been sucked out the airlock right on the surface of the moon...the condition of balor the air would had been forced out of his body and he should have been blown out from within when the gases built up in his body when he hit the moons atmosphere (I watch some movies when people are sucked out and there eyes pop out and their stomach explodes)...so if you went with that Balor is still on the moon surface not floating in space
koenigeyecandy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #112
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

However, the scientifically correct way of saying it would be that he was blown out of the airlock, not sucked out.

He would not have necessarily been blown up by the gasses already in his body, and the moon does not have an atmosphere for him to hit. The stark reality is that saying someone will behave in such and such a manner because you have seen it in a movie is ridiculous, it has not happened yet, and every movie is based on what someone or other thinks will happen, not on impirical data. There is one fact that can be established, and that is what happens to water in space. Given that a human body is mainly water, this can give an approximation of what would happen if a person was to be in an airlock when it explosively decompressed.

Firstly, you must realise that 'explosive decompression' refers to what would happen if you stuck someone in a hyperbaric chamber, compressed the atmosphere inside to several atmospheres, then blew out a window. The resultant change in pressure would be very messy indeed. However, this is not the only factor at work in space. There would be an almost instantaneous drop in temperature too.

So, swap that human body for a cup of water, the hyperbaric chamber for an airlock on a spaceship, orbital station, or moon station, and hit the 'emergency decompress' button. (Why an airlock would have such a device is beyond me, but there you go.) The cup, and it's contents, get blown out of the airlock by the force of the air that was in the airlock leaving the small confined space it was in and rushing outside (to play!). The pressure inside the airlock drops rapidly to zero and the water boils.

At the same time as the pressure drops to zero, so does the temperature. This causes the water to freeze. As it boils. So the effect of putting a cup of water out an airlock is that it boils and freezes SIMULTANEOUSLY. The effect this would have on an unprotected human body has not been tested yet. The effect this would have had on Balor's body is pure speculation, but I doubt he would have been pushed with enough force to break the moon's gravitational pull. He may have been given enough momentum to travel far enough to one of the nuclear waste dumps - where who knows what could have happened - but I suspect that neither did his eyes bulge, nor his stomach pop. his eyes may have exploded in a shower of ice crystals, or they may have frozen solid in his head, along with his brain.

I see two options. Either he is whole (or near enough whole anyway), frozen solid, and somewhere on the moon's surface, or he is a smallish cloud of ice crystals that may have gotten enough momentum (especially if the moon was travelling in the opposite direction) to have ended trailing away from the moon like a comet tail.
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote