Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #141
Exterminator
Deputy Commander

Not so much building, as upgrading.

I've had a resin Liberator gun hanging about for some while, and I've completely torn it apart and added more accurate bits:

... and built a new holster for it from EMA bits and leather:

I need to add the electrics and make a leather pouch for the battery box, and it's done. Here's a "WIP" photo of a loose assembly of the gun parts, with new paint and gloss black Letraline tape applied:

I'll put something "proper" up in the Blake's 7 area when I'm done!
Exterminator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #142
Conrad Turner
Communications Officer

Ooohhhh, very Niiiicce.

I always wanted one of those, didn't know that anyone made kits of them.

however, my aged, fog-addled brain assures me that the transparent rings were round not square edged. (or am I mistaken again?)

OO
Conrad Turner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:51 PM   #143
Exterminator
Deputy Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Turner View Post
however, my aged, fog-addled brain assures me that the transparent rings were round not square edged. (or am I mistaken again?)
You are correct! Normally I would want to correct something like this, but the clear section is made from clear resin, and there are a few bubbles here and there - I think I'd end up doing more harm than good, so just this once I will leave it alone!

I think this was one of a batch made for Horizon, although I'm not sure about that. I bought it off eBay about 18 months ago - they appear every now and then. I think it cost about 70 (and that's without the holster and battery pouch).
Exterminator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #144
forza27
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
OOohhhhhhh, nice!

You got the one you can put an airsoft Thompson in, and if so, are you going to? Are you going to get the ammo counter electronics for it too?

OO
Conrad, no mine will feature a metal gas blowback Thompson, a real and activated Remington 870 shotgun, ( just sorting shotgun license out ) and the real SPAS parts which I found today, so it will be a full steel version, full on version. If only you could have a real machine gun in this country!
For a laugh I am going to take the PR to the local shoot and have a go at a few skeets! Bet its impossible to hit anything with it

Ammo counter on order too!

Also amassing parts for the Aliens Motion Tracker, just need to find the Kango drill for the body. I have most of the bits now so hopefully can crack on with it.

Once the PR is finished, I will get some video of it firing and post it. Using blanks for the shotgun though.
forza27 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #145
forza27
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
OOohhhhhhh, nice!

You got the one you can put an airsoft Thompson in, and if so, are you going to? Are you going to get the ammo counter electronics for it too?

OO
Conrad, no mine will feature a metal gas blowback Thompson, a real and activated Remington 870 shotgun, ( just sorting shotgun license out ) and the real SPAS parts which I found today, so it will be a full steel version, full on version. If only you could have a real machine gun in this country!
For a laugh I am going to take the PR to the local shoot and have a go at a few skeets! Bet its impossible to hit anything with it

Ammo counter on order too!

Also amassing parts for the Aliens Motion Tracker, just need to find the Kango drill for the body. I have most of the bits now so hopefully can crack on with it.

Once the PR is finished, I will get some video of it firing and post it. Using blanks for the shotgun though.
forza27 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 18-10-2011, 01:42 AM   #146
starlord
Astrophysics Technician

right now I'm working on a Warbird, a Leif Ericson, and I still have to work on my space crusier Yamato.
starlord is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote