Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Scif-Fi Papercraft > Build / Collection Images

Notices

SPONSORED BY
Reply Bookmark and Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #261
karr1981
Assistant Commander
 
karr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,007
Default

awesome work :-)
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #262
FozzyTheBear
Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoheadgroup2 View Post
Well I got round to remaking the pod and the nose cone.



Building the paper model at its actual size is hard enough... This is just amazing!! Nice work!

Best Regards.
FozzyTheBear is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #263
marcelo504
Hydroponics Technician
 
marcelo504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 37
Default

Without rescale, do someone know what scale is this paper eagle.
marcelo504 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #264
FozzyTheBear
Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo504 View Post
Without rescale, do someone know what scale is this paper eagle.
That's a tricky question to answer...... It depends how big you think a real Eagle would be. There does seem to be a bit of dispute about that.

In relation to the studio models it's kind of half way between the smallest and the middle size one. The paper model, at designed size, is roughly 17" long.

Best Regards.
FozzyTheBear is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #265
marcelo504
Hydroponics Technician
 
marcelo504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FozzyTheBear View Post
That's a tricky question to answer...... It depends how big you think a real Eagle would be. There does seem to be a bit of dispute about that.

In relation to the studio models it's kind of half way between the smallest and the middle size one. The paper model, at designed size, is roughly 17" long.

Best Regards.
I found something, i don't know if you have notified this, but here http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/m...aglescale.html, this will be usefull to find a exactly escale.
I found that the Eagle door measure is about 2m than i make ''some'' calculations and reach 1/80 for Eagle scale(17''), correct me if I am wrong.

Only something, I found this after make my asking post.
marcelo504 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #266
Scarecrow
Alphan
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Hello chaps!

My first post here and I thought I'd join in.
I was wanting an Eagle for my work desktop and my finances unfortunately won't stretch to the Product Enterprises Model or Warp kit, so I turned to a much more affordable option - free from the internet

The super-detailed paper model you all seem to be building doesn't appear to be available anymore from any of the listed links - and it's a tad too detailed and fiddly for a paper model for my tastes anyway, so I opted for the Danoman textured Eagle by S C Killenbeck.



I originally printed the head and shoulder sections at full size and constructed them. I quickly realised that it was going to be pretty huge, so I reprinted them at half size (2 pages per A4 sheet) and this is the result. It's pretty much exactly 10" - which is a nice size for my desk top.

The instructions are vague to say the least and actually aren't included in the textured version, you need to download the black and white version to get them. There are also a number of pieces that I have absolutely no idea what they were for, but it's a pretty neat model for a paper one - particularly if you make it at half size like I did. The only thing I'd change, really is the head, which is just a tiny bit too angular for my liking.

Crow

PS - I just realised I haven't put the maneuvering thrusters on the landing leg housing yet. They are so incredibly tiny, however, that I might not bother!
Scarecrow is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #267
richardlamer
Eagle Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada, Nova Scotia
Posts: 666
Default

SELL YOUR DESK!!! then buy an Eagle.

Nice paper Eagle you got there Crow

Last edited by richardlamer; 25-02-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: corrected spelling from you desk to your desk
richardlamer is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #268
alfalfa
Communications Officer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,063
Default

Awwww, Scarecrow I want your avatar, Will have to get an Iron Chicken instead, or maybe a soup dragon?

Love your paper eagle and welcome.
alfalfa is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #269
marcelo504
Hydroponics Technician
 
marcelo504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 37
Default

Looks very nice your Eagle, but i can`t belive the eagle shown here is no longer availabe...
marcelo504 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #270
Keith
Alphan
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 2
Default

It's available on the paper model pirate sites. Not going to give you the link because they make money from other peoples hard work.
I'm very impressed with models made by the folks on this thread.
So, i've gone and re uploaded a zip with the original sheets that were available before websamba went down.
However, this zip is not for paper modelers wanting a copy for their archive.
This zip is just for you guys. I've been wanting to give you these files for a while but only recently plugged my old hard drive into my current machine. The important file is the 3D model of the parts used to make the paper model, hopefully you can put it to good use.
FYI it's a highly simplified version of tobors 3D eagle, so to make any additional detail parts use his 3D model as a base.

http://uppit.com/uhxbb3g07vco/eagle.zip
(this file is only for eagletransporter.com, this is the only site I will allow this file to be re-distributed on, please re-upload and update the link if it dies)

This file contains :-

finalwhiteparts.zip
The original 'white' parts used for the design test build.

allsheetscolor.zip
The final sheets that were released.
These colored sheets are by Marc Robitalle.

Intructions.zip
The html instructions needed to figure out where all the parts go.
Some parts changed, some were added, a few are alternatives, it's not difficult
to figure out where they all go.

complexleg.zip
An uncolored and untested experiment for a raisable leg.
contains the sheet and the 3D model

3D.zip
Contains the actual 3D model used to create the paper model - complexeagle.zip
This model is a collection of all of the individual parts placed into roughly
the correct position. All color used in the instructions have been removed.
This zip also contains 'two' more 3D models that may be of interest to someone.
1) eagle fighter, a concept for a fighter that could be mounted in the same
position as the 'pod'
2) warp eagle - enuff said. There are actually 4 models within this file, only
the warp model is visible, you'll have to find the others for yourself.

TopSecret.zip
Something for easter.

Enjoy
K.Withers
Keith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #271
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander
 
Captain Sci-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Glos, UK
Posts: 4,803
Default Totally impressive....

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much for letting us host this model. It is a fantastic piece of work, consider this a new home for anything you make if you want a free host, it's the least we could do for being so generous and sharing the fun, thank you.

I will get to building one for myself later this year but will probably make a few parts in plastic (I am thinking about a thin vac formed CM) I may cheat a bit more and make a carbon fibre spine too with balsa adding reinforcements where required. All this is to make a 22" Eagle following your basic design.

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #272
karr1981
Assistant Commander
 
karr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,007
Default

A big thanks again on this Keith,

I will be putting this up in the main paper model file area (via our own host) very shortly, and I will probably begin my build next week (but with a twist) :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's available on the paper model pirate sites. Not going to give you the link because they make money from other peoples hard work.
I'm very impressed with models made by the folks on this thread.
So, i've gone and re uploaded a zip with the original sheets that were available before websamba went down.
However, this zip is not for paper modelers wanting a copy for their archive.
This zip is just for you guys. I've been wanting to give you these files for a while but only recently plugged my old hard drive into my current machine. The important file is the 3D model of the parts used to make the paper model, hopefully you can put it to good use.
FYI it's a highly simplified version of tobors 3D eagle, so to make any additional detail parts use his 3D model as a base.

http://uppit.com/uhxbb3g07vco/eagle.zip
(this file is only for eagletransporter.com, this is the only site I will allow this file to be re-distributed on, please re-upload and update the link if it dies)

This file contains :-

finalwhiteparts.zip
The original 'white' parts used for the design test build.

allsheetscolor.zip
The final sheets that were released.
These colored sheets are by Marc Robitalle.

Intructions.zip
The html instructions needed to figure out where all the parts go.
Some parts changed, some were added, a few are alternatives, it's not difficult
to figure out where they all go.

complexleg.zip
An uncolored and untested experiment for a raisable leg.
contains the sheet and the 3D model

3D.zip
Contains the actual 3D model used to create the paper model - complexeagle.zip
This model is a collection of all of the individual parts placed into roughly
the correct position. All color used in the instructions have been removed.
This zip also contains 'two' more 3D models that may be of interest to someone.
1) eagle fighter, a concept for a fighter that could be mounted in the same
position as the 'pod'
2) warp eagle - enuff said. There are actually 4 models within this file, only
the warp model is visible, you'll have to find the others for yourself.

TopSecret.zip
Something for easter.

Enjoy
K.Withers
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Support the forum, visit the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #273
jpetrel
Alphan
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3
Default

Hello:
This is the first post I have done on this amazing forum. I am giving this thread a bump because I am building this eagle and have done some re textureing of the tanks and want your opinion on them. If they are liked then I will be happy to distribute them to those who want them. I am very receptive to any comments you may have. The Pictures show the original on the right next to the re textured one on the left. So fire away

Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1166.jpg (88.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1167.jpg (70.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1168.jpg (79.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1169.jpg (79.1 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by jpetrel; 21-01-2012 at 01:09 AM.
jpetrel is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #274
Northerner
Communications Officer
 
Northerner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota - USA
Posts: 987
Default

the ones on the left look best
Northerner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #275
PurpleAlphan
Life Support Technician
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 77
Default

jpetrel - yeah, I agree with Northerner. Yours are a nice improvement. Well done. And I would definitely like a copy of those sheets. I'm planning to start building my paper Eagle soon so would love to use your improved shoulder pods.

Cheers,

Lee
PurpleAlphan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #276
dhm
Alphan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Irvine Scotland
Posts: 2
Default

I have been trying to get a copy of the K.Withers/M.Robitaille paper eagle for some time now but ,like most people,every time I try a link to download it,it's gone!Does anyone know if it's still available for download and,if so,where?Any help appreciated guys,as after looking at some of the builds I desperately want to have a go!
dhm is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #277
Northerner
Communications Officer
 
Northerner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota - USA
Posts: 987
Default

not sure if this is what your looking for or not?

http://www.wupload.com/file/2683423807/space1999.zip
http://www.wupload.com/file/26834238...structions.zip
Northerner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #278
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer
 
Jade Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ayr, Scotland
Posts: 786
Default

Northener, unfortunately that doesn't help as it only allows the uploader to download the files. I know the guy who's looking.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #279
Northerner
Communications Officer
 
Northerner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota - USA
Posts: 987
Default

thats odd, you should be able to download it.

try these links in the free slow download.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4kz9.../space1999_zip

http://www.filefactory.com/file/538z...structions_zip
Northerner is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #280
dhm
Alphan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Irvine Scotland
Posts: 2
Default

Thanks very much for the correct links for the Eagle model,I've been trying to find this for sometime.Looks like I've got a lot of cutting,scoring and folding ahead!
dhm is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com