Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 08-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Gallifrey Run Around
Alphan

Default Is there anybody who knows where I can get Red Dwarf plans?

Hello,
I was browsing this here interweb and I came across this rather wonderful forum. I have long wanted to build an accurate model of the titular ship from Red Dwarf. I was wondering if anyone here has the knowledge where I can find some plans or some really good reference photos of the original model.
I have already scoured the fantastic DVDs to find as much info as possible but as with these things it is always hard to get decent still images from a moving image.

Many thanks in advance of any help

Paul
Gallifrey Run Around is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
RedTrev
Hydroponics Technician

No plans, but a few photo's of the Corgi toy, if you need a starter...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5080001Crop.jpg (195.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P5080002Crop.jpg (157.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P5080003Crop.jpg (198.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P5080006Crop.jpg (160.8 KB, 13 views)
RedTrev is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #3
Gallifrey Run Around
Alphan

Hello RedTrev,

Thank you for taking the time to post those pictures but unfortunatly the Corgi model is based on the Re-Mastered version of the ship which was also used in series VIII. I would like to model the Ship as was seen in the original series I to IV (The ship seen in series V was a different model with slightly different details, was smaller and was blown up after new flyby shots were filmed. The original ship had upsettingly fallen off a shelf during storage).

The Corgi models are beautiful though and it's a shame they never did a Blue Midget to complete the range, though they did do a Skutter which was released only in a limted edition Series VIII DVD boxset and has pull back motion. Speaking of Skutters I would love to be able to build a remote control Skutter... one can only dream because I really wouldn't know where to begin with that one!!

Paul

Last edited by Gallifrey Run Around; 09-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Gallifrey Run Around is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote