Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 20-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Eagle
Commander Ret.

Default Proof that Buzz (at least) walked on the Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKxAqpjroo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkNnltFfR4

Eagle is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 02:33 AM   #2
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

What was that. Why was that man trying to get those people with a bible....why do people keep thinking they didn't go to the moon???

And why wouldn't they swear on the bible that they went....oooooooooow.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
TonyB
Forum Supporter

If ever a punch in the mouth was called for then that was it, regardless of what you think personally its just down right rude to confront elderly people in public and haress them, the guy deserved a smack in the mouth.
TonyB is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
cricket
Medical Officer

Flat earthers are entitled to their stupid opinions... as long as they keep them beneath the rocks they crawled out of , AND keep their hands off the astronauts! Personally, I hope that idiot ended up with a bloody lip.

When did this occur, and did Buzz face any repercussions? No wonder Armstrong stays reclusive.
cricket is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #5
CR
Science Officer

Sigh... that was the infamous Bart Sibrel, who's made a career off of trying to 'prove' that Apollo was faked. He's one of the top 'Hoax Believers' (or HB's) these days. Most of his 'exclusive' footage and/or photos has been available in the public domain for free since Apollo flew, and all of it is taken out of context. As is often the case with HB's, such 'proof' is made from third or fourth generation copies, rather than original source prints.

Oh, and the judge threw out Sibrel's case about Aldrin assaulting Sibrel, because the punch was clearly provoked by Sibrel. (Good call!)

Side note: I believe Sibrel and his wife divorced in part due to his obsession with the whole HB movement, and the fact that he was making money off of said obsession. I'm sure that wasn't the only reason, and I can't remember the source where I read that, though it may have been here: www.clavius.org
This is a fantastic site that handilly debunks all of the HB claims, as well as teaching quite a bit about the real Apollo program and space travel in general. You'll learn a lot by reading through it!

Edited to fix typo.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 23-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
cricket
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR
Oh, and the judge threw out Sibrel's case about Aldrin assaulting Sibrel, because the punch was clearly provoked by Sibrel. (Good call!)
Good.
Old 23-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #7
captainjamie
Communications Officer

Anyone who puts their hands on an astronaut forfeits their rights to anything other than a bloody good kicking in my book.
captainjamie is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Thanks for the link CR, I shall make my way through it.
Old 24-08-2007, 04:49 AM   #9
CR
Science Officer

It will take a while, but it will be worth it. For example, I learned a lot about orbital dynamics, about which I'd previously only had a vague idea.

Just FYI, the Clavius site master provides links for both real history and HB sites, so you can view all of his cited material for yourself (if you so choose). Most HB's do not return the same courtesy, only linking to other HB sites that support their own conspiracy theories. Talk about selection bias!
Furthermore, the Clavius site is occasionally updated, not only with new material, but with corrections, and notation of where corrections occurred (say, if some math was off, for example).
Finally, I just like the look of the site, with its homage to 2001.

Oh, one more note I have about Sibrel: I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to sue him for fraud, since what he's peddling in his 'exclusive' videos is not actually exclusive. In other words, false advertising at the very least. Of course, I suppose that most of the people who shell out their money for his stuff don't see it that way; preaching to the choir, so to speak. (Also, I'm not a lawyer, so maybe there isn't really a case to be had.)
Old 24-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #10
Liberator
Eagle Pilot

I just wait for the day when there is incontravertible proof of the moon landings that will shut these "its a hoax" people up. Decent photos, no, no good faked...Trouble is unless they are on the moon themsleves they wont beleive it. They'll rekon they are in a studio and the entire trip was faked. Ok fake low gravity, fake vacuum - take off your spacesuit stupid.
Liberator is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 24-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #11
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

"The Dish" has tons of special feature thingys one of which being fantastic footage of the moon shot. Breath taking stuff actually, but so obviously not fake its not funny.

Wankers!
Old 25-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #12
captainjamie
Communications Officer

Sir Patrick Moore sayeth in an interview for B3ta:

Q: You were involved in the committee panel for the moon landing. What do you think of the theory that it was all staged?

A: I was a Moon mapper, helping to map the Moon. When I hear these theses I look round for men in boiler suits and white vans. If ignorance is bliss they must be very happy.
Old 26-08-2007, 04:58 AM   #13
CR
Science Officer

Associated with Clavius is a forum: http://apollohoax.proboards21.com/index.cgi
Lots of interesting discussion goes on there about a lot of topics (not just Apollo), and one can learn a lot from the many intelligent, scientific-minded people that post there. One can also learn something from the HBs that post there, though one may get a headache trying to do so. (If only some of them would realize that stating a case, ignoring all responses which disagree, then re-stating the case after the hubbub has died down does not constitute proof, or victory, or whatever...)

Oh, just as a reminder, a long time ago there was a poll question here at Eagletransporter.com which discussed the moon landings: http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...=moon+landings
Old 26-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #14
CR
Science Officer

Getting back to the post that started this thread, if I recall correctly, Astronauts Gone Wild is another Sibrel production. Whether he actually produced it or not, it's designed to show how 'unapproachable' the astronauts are, and thus 'proves' that they are covering up a vast conspiracy and never went to the moon.
Interestingly, Sibrel had approached some of those astronauts under false pretences, claiming to be associated with a documentary and/or interview program and then accosting them with his 'swear on the Bible' routine. That's one reason none of the astronauts will swear on the Bible to Sibrel. Another reason is that those who have sworn on the Bible to him are then accused of lying to God Himself, or something along those lines. Most of the astronauts quickly learned not to bother giving in to that trap. (I haven't the link to that, but it's either at Clavius or at BadAstronomy. Or both.)

Edited to fix typos.
Old 26-08-2007, 05:57 AM   #15
CR
Science Officer

Finally, for those of you with little time to wade through all of Clavius, here's a direct link to that site's summary of Sibrel's arguments, along with rebuttals and links: http://www.clavius.org/bibsibrel.html

The first link, "top fifteen," is no longer active; it had gone to Sibrel's site if I recall correctly.

Old 26-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #16
captainjamie
Communications Officer

If someone confronted me with a Bible and demanded I swear on it, I'd introduce them to my version of Bible bashing. Ideally it would be a thick leather bound King James version.

But then I'm not a Christian. Are there any public records stating Buzz or Neil's religious affiliations (if they have any)?

Personally I'm amazed anyone can take this hoax stuff seriously. When men as eminent as Sir Patrick Moore and James Burke were there how can others dare to argue otherwise?

*shakes head and goes off to TK Maxx to see what other PE stuff they might have*
Old 26-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #17
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Hey, people as eminent as Neil and Buzz where actually there so what do you expect.

For some people ancient weapons and hokey religion ain't no match for a good blaster...but that doesn't mean that the ancient weapons and hokey religion aren't true (as young Hans discovers.)

These guys are happy in their silliness, and if they want to believe that men didn't go to the moon, that's their business... they're wrong, but such is their right to believe... they don't, however, have the right to harass people such as we see in these Utube scenes. The man should be arrested... and perhaps sent politely to the moon to see for himself.
Old 26-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #18
AceMartini
Communications Officer

Buzz was (and I assume still is) very Christian. He celebrated communion on the moon shortly after landing. That said, anyone who thinks swearing on the bible offers proof of anything is quite misguided, in my humble opinion.

I've been checking that YouTube video frequently and the comments go about 99% for Buzz having done the right thing. Hoaxer numbers might not be what they imagine.
AceMartini is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #19
cricket
Medical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony42
The man should be arrested... and perhaps sent politely to the moon to see for himself.
Spacesuit optional?
Old 26-08-2007, 10:44 PM   #20
Bishop
Chief Science Officer