Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Cap'n on Deck

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 18-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
karr1981
Assistant Commander

Default Commander on Deck June 18th - Server change

Hi Guys,

As some of you may have noticed over the past week or so we have had some fastcgi errors and general site slowness at times.

I have been working with our server host to resolve this, and we intend to move the site to a new server in the datacentre today.

Whilst there will be no 'downtime' as such, the new server will be on a new IP address so there could be some temporary connection / routing issues whilst the DNS propagates. We hope for this to be as minor as possible.

The new server should see site performance return to normal.

Cheers,

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
karr1981
Assistant Commander

The move has been made and site performance seems to be great, Please provide any feedback here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
karr1981 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
MADsen
Eagle Pilot

Thumbs up Feedback on Server change..

Hi karr1981...

The first time today I“ve tryied to inter the forum website I got a http 400 error message, but now it works okay...

The only thing I have a comment on is:

Why does the update of Forum Rules pop up every time I loggon ? I have read the rules through everytime and I can“t see any changes... Is it possible to fix that.. so we doen“t get that message every time on loggon.. If there are no changes off course..

Otherwise everything is A O K here from my seat...

Sincerly

MADsen
MADsen is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Crimson Binome
Communications Officer

logged in OK with no issues to report
Crimson Binome is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
TerraForm1
Astrophysics Technician

Thanks for all the hard work in keeping the forum running smoothly. I guess things have been a little distracting lately... Still looking forward to the Stingray image reference upload promised a while back

BTW: The Forum REALLY needs a section for Anderson related toys. The Mattel Eagle could easily fill its own subsection within it.
TerraForm1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 20-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Thanks EvilNightrider1981 The slowness during the last weeks was really starting to annoy me. But now it is much better again. Cheers!
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote