Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum


Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > The Monitor

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #61
Government surveyor
Alphan
 
Government surveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Mine was the small Imai kit of Zero X which had huge wheels for some reason. This was a gift from Hamleys in London when Thunderbirds was absurdly popular in the early 90s. I wanted a model of FAB 1 but my parents 'didn't want me playing with a pink car'. Feh!
Government surveyor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #62
Angelo
Life Support Technician
 
Angelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kempston Beds
Posts: 82
Default

Dinky SPV, and I've still got it!
Angelo is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #63
TerraForm1
Astrophysics Technician
 
TerraForm1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ONT. Canada
Posts: 379
Default

The rubber-band powered Stingray by Lone Star. Definitely my first Anderson related toy. Must've been about 6 or 7-years-old when I got it. I still remember the heartache when I accidentally jumped down from the garden wall and landed on the unsuspecting super-sub, shattering the lower hull into what seemed like a thousand plastic shards. I kept playing with the fin-less upper hull casting until it got lost but it just wasn't the same...

Sigh, I'd love to get one of them again but the few that turn up are always beyond my means. Like all collectibles I know I'll probably never acquire, I save every picture I find on the net. Here's one I snagged:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5f_1.JPG (28.8 KB, 40 views)
TerraForm1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #64
JimTVFan
Travel Tube Technician
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Could you count Thunderbirds Channel 5 Videos? Apart from that i guess the original Tracy island which i Still have from 1992 My auntie qued up outside Toys r Us for about 4 hours for it. Plus Playset Thunderbird 2 from 1992 with all the figures.
JimTVFan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #65
Government surveyor
Alphan
 
Government surveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTVFan View Post
Could you count Thunderbirds Channel 5 Videos? Apart from that i guess the original Tracy island which i Still have from 1992 My auntie qued up outside Toys r Us for about 4 hours for it. Plus Playset Thunderbird 2 from 1992 with all the figures.
I remember those Channel 5 videos. The local video library only had one of them. Only 2 episodes on 1 tape which were Cry Wolf and Danger at ocean deep. I must have rented that video out a hundred times! I was 11 at the time and I used to imagine my mountain bike was the Hood's Jeep every time I rode it!


"What did they mean when they said they had a fault?"
Government surveyor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #66
JimTVFan
Travel Tube Technician
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Government surveyor View Post
I remember those Channel 5 videos. The local video library only had one of them. Only 2 episodes on 1 tape which were Cry Wolf and Danger at ocean deep. I must have rented that video out a hundred times! I was 11 at the time and I used to imagine my mountain bike was the Hood's Jeep every time I rode it!


"What did they mean when they said they had a fault?"
Yes that was Volume 12 of the Channel 5 Releases i had that along with about 8 others! I used to borrow volume 11 which had The Imposters and The Man From MI5. I've still got some now but have not watched them in ages as i have the DVD's and Blu Ray of Thunderbirds.
JimTVFan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #67
Government surveyor
Alphan
 
Government surveyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Did anybody else remember this Kellogg's promotion? I saved up enough tokens for the Matchbox TB2 that had a little metal TB4 in it's pod. This was the first 'proper' Anderson product that I owned until the Imai kits started to show up in the local small-town model shop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (39.8 KB, 28 views)
Government surveyor is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2011, 05:18 AM   #68
JMChladek
Eagle Pilot
 
JMChladek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 729
Default

Nice picture of the box there. I could picture Tony instead of doing his "They're GRRRREAAAT!" tag line (did they even do that in the UK) instead saying "They're FAB!"
JMChladek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #69
delta tango
Astrophysics Technician
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 419
Default

All those memories. I've still got those Channel 5 videos. I remember when Thunderbirds first came out. dad had Taperecorder (Video recorders were around in the 60's but were rare and exspensive) which I would record the various episodes and play them back time after time till the tapes wore out!
Tony also said "They're GRRRREAAAT" over here also.
delta tango is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #70
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander
 
Captain Sci-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South Glos, UK
Posts: 5,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraForm1 View Post
The rubber-band powered Stingray by Lone Star. Definitely my first Anderson related toy. Must've been about 6 or 7-years-old when I got it. I still remember the heartache when I accidentally jumped down from the garden wall and landed on the unsuspecting super-sub, shattering the lower hull into what seemed like a thousand plastic shards. I kept playing with the fin-less upper hull casting until it got lost but it just wasn't the same...

Sigh, I'd love to get one of them again but the few that turn up are always beyond my means. Like all collectibles I know I'll probably never acquire, I save every picture I find on the net. Here's one I snagged:
OMG, I used to own one of those when it was released in the mid sixties. That is so nice to see even just as a picture, it affirms my memory of it. I can even remember rubbing my hands all over it and remembering it's shape, sweet nostalgia. Made my day Terraform1 - thank you..!
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 28-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #71
elder7uk
Medical Technician
 
elder7uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Herefordshire UK
Posts: 174
Default

Apart from the usual Century 21 Comics,it was the Rosenthal series of Thunderbirds Models.At least I think they were all Rosenthal

Thunderbird 1 7s 6d Tunderbird 2 14s 11d Thunderbird 3 6 bob

Thunderbird 4 and 5 were the biggest had batteries and were the most expensive at around a fiver.

I think Thunderbird 2 was the best,all the others had wheels which I unceremoniously removed.

I also remember the Thunderbirds board game around the same time about cost about 13s as far I as I remember.
elder7uk is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #72
fab1
Communications Officer
 
fab1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colchester (near)
Posts: 801
Default

Dressed by my mum in a Tex Tucker outfit for a very early birthday! (Four Feather Falls)

Little did I know x years later I would be still playing in an adult way of course with
Gerry puppets........must be those magic feathers
fab1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #73
MADsen
Eagle Pilot
 
MADsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ebeltoft, Denmark
Posts: 648
Thumbs up

My first Gerry Anderson item was

The DINKY 351 U.F.O INTERCEPTOR WITH MISSILE and the THUNDERBIRD 2which I got for xmas some time in the early 70īs. unfortunately I donīt have them any more...

But there was a very speciale xmas I remember very well and it was the xmas of 76.. there I got the EAGLE TRANSPORTER made by Airfix.. wow was I happy that xmas eve..
MADsen is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #74
delta tango
Astrophysics Technician
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 419
Default

[quote=fab1;326821]Dressed by my mum in a Tex Tucker outfit for a very early birthday! (Four Feather Falls)

Little did I know x years later I would be still playing in an adult way of course with
Gerry puppets........must be those magic feathers[/QUOTE

Those magic feathers were handy.
delta tango is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #75
delta tango
Astrophysics Technician
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADsen View Post
My first Gerry Anderson item was

The DINKY 351 U.F.O INTERCEPTOR WITH MISSILE and the THUNDERBIRD 2which I got for xmas some time in the early 70īs. unfortunately I donīt have them any more...

But there was a very speciale xmas I remember very well and it was the xmas of 76.. there I got the EAGLE TRANSPORTER made by Airfix.. wow was I happy that xmas eve..
I remember them well.
delta tango is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #76
TV21Dalek
Eagle Pilot
 
TV21Dalek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 719
Default

I think my first GA toy was the Dinky TB2 and FAB1. I know that I also had a large TB4, a bendy Captain Scarlet and the Dinky CS vehicles (still have the MSV somewhere).
But yes, I clearly remember a green TB2 with a tiny TB4 which went missing

I have no idea what the big TB4 would have been... I was around 2 or 3 at the time
TV21Dalek is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:01 AM   #77
mirrorman
Life Support Technician
 
mirrorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

Yup, Dinky Fab1 and Dinky TB2 were the first ones for me when I was a little fella.

In the mid 80's, when I started collecting Anderson again, it was a the Budgie Supercar.

Quote:
TV21Dalek wrote: I have no idea what the big TB4 would have been... I was around 2 or 3 at the time
I think that would have been the Lincoln TB 4
mirrorman is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Đ Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com