Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > Launch Crater

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #21
Dave
Communications Officer

I was chatting to a guy at the weekend at the NEC Toy and Collectors fair who showed me some pics of some of his models. One was a 3 foot Stingray which he claimed was "moulded from the original studio model which had been found in a skip".

He also showed me a picture of an SPV model which was "moulded from the original studio model which had been found in a skip"...

He also had a Scott Tracy puppet there that was "moulded from the original..." well you get the general idea.

Comments anyone (clean responses only please).
Dave is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #22
fab1
Communications Officer

Hi guys

I am now so confused! What version do I have? My kit does seem to have a sharper front end and I happen to like the way it looks. I wont pass on Bernies comments otherwise anything could happen..............had to get that in ha.

I look at other peoples work and the skill they employ, this site is such a shop window.

Just how many kits have been made I wonder and could we list them with pics?

PS Troy is my favourite character and I have Stingray as the ringtone on my Blackberry....

Graham
fab1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #23
fab1
Communications Officer

I have been lucky enough to see original skip finds all related to puppets and I know of people who saw first hand props including a puppet sized Angel cockpit in one of the skips. This guy obviously is a charlaton but dont we just dream of finding the real thing?
Old 01-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #24
seaview
Eagle Pilot

Hi guys

Just been reading this Stingray thread regarding a clear ratemaster, and saw the photos of the kit in question.

To date I have only sold three Stingray kits from my moulds. All had clear ratemasters. The kit being built here is without doubt one of my castings. Somehow along the line my kit has been remoulded like with Thunderbird 2.

Why bother making new rubber moulds to cast a clear version? Simply get one from me!

Don't know if any of you guys know the story behind the Stingray model I built, but here's a short version: I had purchased a kit of Stingray many years back, built it and added an interior. It was supposedly known as the Chocos version; supposed to have come from one of the original models.

I never got around to painting it. Comet had a built and painted one in their shop window, but I never liked the shape, the bow was too bulbous, and the cabin too short, so after giving the matter some thought I got hold of some Comet small vac-form drawings and scaled them up to 3ft long. I had the main body all shaped in an afternoon. I went to the trouble of moulding the fins into the main body, also the cabin fins. Anyway, photos of my Stingray built and painted are on Westway Aviation Models web site. Look under tv models.

Pete

email Hutpete @'aol.com

Last edited by JD; 01-10-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Sanity
seaview is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #25
RCnut
Communications Officer

Somebody recasting your Stingray....... thats typical and what I've come to expect...

Just a thought, do you remember who bought the three kits off you?
RCnut is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #26
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Thumbs up Doppleganger Stingray....

Hi Pete,

I tried to call you today to discuss this, but the number I have for you keeps failing, I'll send you a PM in a sec please confirm it's right or send me a new one if that's ok.

Well there we go chaps, order the genuine thing from Pete, job done.

Cap'n
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #27
Guest01
Alphan

the kit i got had a clear ratemaster ,but i didnt get it from Pete.it also had seperate fins etc
Guest01 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #28
paul gray
Forum Supporter

there was a stingray kit 3ft, with clear ratemaster and seperate fins for hull and cockpit, also aquasprites with vac formed canopy. i built 2 of these and these were made by a guy called Bob Denham, i believe he also made an spv kit and 3ft skydiver
cheers Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paul gray is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #29
RCnut
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul gray View Post
there was a stingray kit 3ft, with clear ratemaster and seperate fins for hull and cockpit, also aquasprites with vac formed canopy. i built 2 of these and these were made by a guy called Bob Denham, i believe he also made an spv kit and 3ft skydiver
cheers Paul
Thats the one I R/C ed, jets were not powerfull enough tho so I ripped them out and gave it to a mate to build as a static.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #30
Guest01
Alphan

here is some pics of mine taking a while ago,so ill need to update them ,but these are just to show which one ive got

Last edited by Guest01; 04-10-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: doh
Guest01 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #31
RCnut
Communications Officer

Thats the one that comet were selling a few years back, some with clear ratemasters some with plain resin ones. Produced by Rob D.
Old 30-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #32
john houston
Waste Technician

i have the 18 inch RA STINGRAY MODEL.. Solid resin, is there any hollow cast versions of it? I also love the shape of it. I've had it a long time, nervous about building and painting it especially the cab, its clear not sure about maskin windows. Lovely kit though.
john houston is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #33
RCnut
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john houston View Post
i have the 18 inch RA STINGRAY MODEL.. solid resin is there any hollow cast versions of it .I also love the shape of it ..iv had it a long time . nerviouse about building and painting it especialy the cab . its clear .. not sure about maskin windows . lovely kit tho
I have the same kit and with RAs permission I vacformed over two seperate halves, It remains as a kit, however it is equipped with a Graupner miniwater jetjet, It is still in kit form. I probably wont build it as I now have larger interests. I also Have a clear Ratemaster which came with the Choco Kit, It needsrubbing down and polishing (Bit of elbow grease and Brasso would do it)
Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #34
fab1
Communications Officer

will the jets power the 3ft version?

part of an ITC original slide:

for me the best craft of all xxxxxxxxx
Old 01-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #35
RCnut
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab1 View Post
will the jets power the 3ft version?

part of an ITC original slide:

for me the best craft of all xxxxxxxxx
I'm sure the jets would do it justice, Keep an eye on my kit build thread, I will be installing the jet as soon as I get the modified bits and posting pics. Mines 32 inches long so the difference shouldnt make that much of a difference in perfomance.