Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Administration Complex > Commander's Office > Welcome To Eagletransporter.com

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 30-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Captain Cyan
Computer Technician

Default Rather late I present myself

When I was six years old,my elder brother took me to see the Thunderbirds are go! movie.Since then,and I'm 53 now, I've been a sci-fi fan of both movies and tv series always with the highest of my regards towards British sci-fi tv series.
Although I've done,and do,sci-fi themes kits I'm afraid my skills don't surpass the standard level.With my family,that's is wife and two childs,son & daughter,I live in Barcelona,province of Catalonia,country Spain.Yes.the Barcelona of the 1992 summer olimpics(by the way,success and the very best wishes for your summer olimpics!).
The hardware of the sci-fi(air,land,water or spaceships)have always fascinated me and my computer groans under the weight of almost 17.000 images of cutaways images and schematics of the main sci-fi ships seen on the silver screen and the little tube.
What I've seen in this forum pleases me much.I'm not referring to the images that are great but to the talent,dedication and craftmanship I've observed in the modeller fans.How I wish I could equal them!.And also the marvelous blend between old-timers like me and young newcomers eager to learn and be part of your comunity.
Within my humble talents,if any,I`m completely at Your disposal commander Cpt Sci-Fi,
Captain Cyan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

I am very happy you enjoy the forum, it's why we do what we do. Anytime you want to talk about a favourite model post some of those images to encourage others. It really jogs the memory for some of the old timers like me and I love to learn new things. I especially like to know why you like a particular craft and perhaps tell the story about how you came across it.

My story is almost the same as yours. For me it was seeing Thunderbirds are Go in the cinema with my older brother but the best bit was colour!!! I had watched Thunderbirds on TV but only in black and white. I had seen TV Century 21 comic of course but it was different on screen. I also remember feeling a little bit scared when the Martian monsters attacked the ZeroX MEV, it felt to my young mind like they were a long way from home with no hope of rescue or real help and in terrible danger.
Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
techno
Astrophysics Technician

Welcome Captain Cyan, Forgive me, but Your Sign in gives the feeling of Captain Scarlet! Stay Cool! Dan
techno is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Captain Cyan
Computer Technician

Dera Dan,although my first love was,as I've stated, Thunderbirds,the kids of my generation identified themselves more with the more "realistic" Captain Scarlet.He sweated,he tired,was wounded and eventually died(to be brought back to life by the Retrometabolism).
Personally,I've considered him a far more interessing character than the soft and sweet Tracy family ones(Begging the pardon of who thinks otherwise).And the thrill generated by the war of nerves between Spectrum and the Mysterons more atractive.
Child matters that in passing the years left imbebed in the personal likes.
Their vehicles too,from the Angel Interceptors to the humble jetpacks they wore in some episodes,had a attracting effect on me.
In sum,although all Mr. Anderson series had features that I like,to me Captain Scarlet sums them all.
Old 31-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
fab1
Communications Officer

Never saw the Tbirds film but did see Dalek Invasion Earth so you would think Dalek fan but then no as I was dressed up by mum and dad in a Tex Tucker outfit at a very early age and sat in the bath and played with Stingray. The Daleks just didnt stand a chance.
fab1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 31-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Captain Cyan
Computer Technician

The Who series was never run in its due time in my country.Only recently some local networks,as TV3 in Catalonia,passed the latest episodes of the series with the inefarius but somewhat funny David Tennat as the Doc.So,you can say that the Whoomania,as i call it,it has been almost unknow here.
Buying policies of the local and nationwide networks had the blame on that.They prefer to buy the most recent American series of any theme than quality series of other countries.
The MacDonald buying pòlicy,as I call it.
Old 31-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
healvis
Communications Officer

Hi captain...
healvis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Captain Cyan
Computer Technician

Glad to hear from you,healvis.I raise my glass of orange juice saluting you!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #9
tibbington
Medical Technician

welcome to the etf Captain Cyan lucky that you got to see tbag
tibbington is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
Captain Cyan
Computer Technician

Count on me,as a friend,from now on tibb.