Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 27-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

Default The Entertainment and media show

Hello chaps,
is anyone else going to the entertainment, media and collectormania show at Olympia London over the 6 or 7th of October. Im going on Sunday the 7th and have been coerced into going dressed from the Blakes 7 universe by my daughter. So if you happen to be there and see a portly bloke with grey hair, dressed in the anorak (yes i know ironic) type tunic and best Liberator blaster looking self conscious come and say hello.
The irony continues as there will now be no fewer than four of the original cast there on Sunday (Gareth Thomas,Paul Darrow, michael Keating and Stephen Greif).
Gods why do i get talked into these things.
T.F.U. is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.F.U. View Post
Hello chaps,
is anyone else going to the entertainment, media and collectormania show at Olympia London over the 6 or 7th of October. Im going on Sunday the 7th and have been coerced into going dressed from the Blakes 7 universe by my daughter. So if you happen to be there and see a portly bloke with grey hair, dressed in the anorak (yes i know ironic) type tunic and best Liberator blaster looking self conscious come and say hello.
I wish I had someone to talk me into doing silly things.

No federation trooper yet?
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

not as yet - im still working on that. my next costume will be the outfit the rebels wore on Albion.
Old 27-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

I did the 'parka', on the logic that it was the closest thing to a 'uniform' they had....recognisability being an issue.
Old 27-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

where did you get yours from i had mine made in china but i drew the line at moon boots.

Old 28-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
where did you get yours from i had mine made in china but i drew the line at moon boots.
I have this darlin' irish lady who helps me on my fabric projects....I can't imagine trying to explain something like this to one of those chinese costume makers, they seem to want to make everything out of very thin, very cheap fabric. It just doesn't drape well. If you've had good luck with one, I wonder how they would do with an international rescue or spectrum outfit? The fellow from poland makes pretty good moonbase uniforms, but he charges a lot for them...$250 .

As for the moon boots, I can't seem to find silver ones in men's sizes....I'd like to have a grey pair for my 4th. season villa outfit.

Last edited by Ham Salad; 28-09-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 28-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

I was afraid that it would be the case with my order but it came back almost perfect, lined and the shoulders were padded so it fit properly. I'm hoping they do as well this time. Ive just ordered my eco spada suit and am sourcing some Derri boots. Im still having issues with bending the acid green perspex for the inner band of my helmet. Im making the triangular strip which the officer corp seem to wear but am going for a junior officer with the coloured Federation emblem.
Old 29-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
Ham Salad
Communications Officer

Quote:
I was afraid that it would be the case with my order but it came back almost perfect, lined and the shoulders were padded so it fit properly. I'm hoping they do as well this time. Ive just ordered my eco spada suit and am sourcing some Derri boots. Im still having issues with bending the acid green perspex for the inner band of my helmet. Im making the triangular strip which the officer corp seem to wear but am going for a junior officer with the coloured Federation emblem.
I would think a heat gun would do it well...leave the protective film on the plastic to avoid scorching the surface.

Personally, I've had no luck with getting the proper friedland buttons or talking somebody into getting them for me over there.
Old 29-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

I checked the wedsite you gave me and couldnt find them. If i can find them over here i shall get you some mate.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

Hohoh lads tomorrow is the day. Hopefully i shall be photo'd in kit with the Blakes 7 cast. gonna photo shoot the trip to London (isnt that a prison ship) and hopefully will meet the supreme commander if she is well enough to attend!! Must remember my name is Blake... roj Blake .. you may have heard of me. lolol

Old 06-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
aggiev
Geological Technician

Quote:
Hohoh lads tomorrow is the day. Hopefully i shall be photo'd in kit with the Blakes 7 cast. gonna photo shoot the trip to London (isnt that a prison ship) and hopefully will meet the supreme commander if she is well enough to attend!! Must remember my name is Blake... roj Blake .. you may have heard of me. lolol
have a great time!
aggiev is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
T.F.U.
Astrophysics Technician

... and i did