Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 10-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #21
Glazy
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Si View Post
Hi Andrew,

I'm so glad I've finally found a forum where I an reach you! I've been trying on the web for a while now without much success..

I absolutely love the HMS Camden Lock! It must be one of my favourite ships, certainly from any British Sci-Fi. Right up there with Starbug for me!

I love the 'Gerry Anderson-esque' of British sci fi design and thought that the 'Lock' with it's familiar BT tower shape and references to the Blakes Seven's Liberator was right up there with the design classics. I'm currently re-creating the ship in Google Sketchup. It's basic so far -

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...6f87890ec0db20

I was wondering if you had any ortho's of the ship? I've bought the 'Hyperdrive' DVD and am using screen-grabs of the ortho pictures in Captain Henderson's office for reference. (BTW do you know what happened to those prints? And that nifty model that graced his desk?) I was going to try and buy a replica of the 'Spinning Betty' chair until I realised that it was based upon a chair called a 'Grand Repos'...which costs about 2 grand! Hmm..perhaps in another lifetime... Anyways I digress... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

CS
I'll dig out some ortho's I did at the time, I think they're on my old drive !!! Not sure what happened to any of the onset stuff, props/costumes etc... Glad you liked the show and the ship !!
Glazy is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
Calamity Si
Chef

Hey there! Thanks so much for the repy! Yeah I've only just finished watching Hyperdrive and I absolutely loved it. Wished they made more...Anyways can't wait to see the orthos, thanks again I really appreciate it!
Calamity Si is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
Glazy
Medical Technician

Here you go !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HMS-Camden-Lock.jpg (122.7 KB, 54 views)
Old 11-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #24
Calamity Si
Chef

Oooh be still my beating heart! Thanks so much Andy, she truly is a thing of beauty! You've truly made my week mate.

Last edited by Calamity Si; 11-10-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Calamity Si is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #25
Captain Sci-Fi
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
Here you go !!!
Wow, you have been holding out on us, this is amazing...

More please?

Here is one of my all time favourite spaceships, the UFO from the series. A few behind the scenes shots from the movie test flight of my first motorised replica.

Captain Sci-Fi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 26-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
Glazy
Medical Technician

A rare find, footage from the original Pilot episode of Hyperdrive featuring a HMS Camden Lock in two shots, not sure who built this version for the pilot episode, but I do remember seeing those sets in a corner when we went down to see the actual sets used in the show being built in Manchester for series 1.
http://youtu.be/Rz1sCzM6axk
Old 27-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #27
swhite40
Travel Tube Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Salad View Post
Yes! The UGSP SCOW! What parts were enterprise, though? Always wished I had one of these....loved quark, first tv show I ever saw in color.
Rear engines have warp engine parts on them.
swhite40 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote