Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Ring Around the Moon

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
Dave
Communications Officer

Erm...Cheque please!
Dave is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #22
badsimmonds
Eagle Pilot

I've just finished watching 'Star Maidens' for the first time since I saw it on Scottish tv in the mid seventies.
At that time I thought it was the biggest load of rubbish I had seen, especially coming after the first series of 'Space 1999' but I have to admit I love it to bits now.
Yes its corny and the fx are rather simple but to me it has an atmosphere that moves it up from a load of crap to almost dare I say it cultish.
When I first saw it in the seventies I took it too seriously but now its a piece of entertaining hokum. I just love it, sorry but there you are.
The fact it has hot pants and some great looking actresses has nothing to do with it.
badsimmonds is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #23
mw12
Geological Technician

Wasn't Keith Wilson the set designer for Star Maidens? Lots of Space 1999-like interiors.
mw12 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #24
badsimmonds
Eagle Pilot

Yes Keith Wilson was the designer. There are also a couple of other names from the Gerry Anderson stable involved as well. It appears most of the sound effects were from Space 1999 and in the last episode there are a lot of control panels first seen in UFO.
If you haven't seen it give it a chance and remember its a child of the seventies.
badsimmonds is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #25
SteveDix
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsimmonds View Post
I've just finished watching 'Star Maidens' for the first time since I saw it on Scottish tv in the mid seventies.
At that time I thought it was the biggest load of rubbish I had seen, especially coming after the first series of 'Space 1999' but I have to admit I love it to bits now.
Yes its corny and the fx are rather simple but to me it has an atmosphere that moves it up from a load of crap to almost dare I say it cultish.
When I first saw it in the seventies I took it too seriously but now its a piece of entertaining hokum. I just love it, sorry but there you are.
The fact it has hot pants and some great looking actresses has nothing to do with it.
I'd say the whole series was Corny, but then I remembered that she's only in one episode.
SteveDix is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote