Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > Launch Pad

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #161
jimboh1
Hydroponics Technician

Wow, that subtle panel work and the lighting- giving it a light purple hue in that last photo is amazing!
jimboh1 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #162
_OM_
Waste Technician

...Two points:

1) First off, belated excellent work on this command pod variant! Came across the links by happenstance while trying to track down some ancient usenet posts regarding the source of some reports regarding proposed mods to the Eagle that had been tossed around - supposedly by the Space: 1999 art department - for a possible Series 3 upgrade. One that specifically would eliminate the windows on the underside of the command pod. I bounced this one this evening off of Martin Bower himself, and this was the first time he'd heard of it. So off I go in search of a thread that might be older than some of you kids out there

2) As for modifying the viewports so that they're at right angles to the centerline and not swept back, I actually prefer them swept back as they remind me not just of the basic Eagle technology aesthetics, but of the viewports of the Icarus from Planet of the Apes; a film that could easily fit in the Space: 1999 universe based on that throwaway line about not seeing a moon in the night sky!

...Excellent work on this upgrade part, and especially on the part of those who've gotten theirs and have done their buildup work. Wish this damn neuropathy would let me hold an X-Acto without slicing my wan...er, I mean my fingers off. At least it won't stop my typing or mouse usage, so there's always 3D Studio Eagle builds once my Graphics Workstation is finished. In the meantime, you kids build one for me, eh? A nice Hawk with an SR-71 paintjob and some streamlining would be a fun twist
_OM_ is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #163
BlackBirdCD
Geological Technician

I look forward to seeing what B P Taylor comes up with every Wonderfest. And these were very cool!
BlackBirdCD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote