Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum


Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Deep Space Tracking Station > Breakaway > Blakes 7

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Jamesbeat
Hydroponics Technician
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37
Default Travis's Ring?

Anyone made one? I can't find anything online.
I remember getting a few similar fluorescent plastic rings in Christmas crackers over the years, maybe I should have kept them
Jamesbeat is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
Ham Salad
Communications Officer
 
Ham Salad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesbeat View Post
Anyone made one? I can't find anything online.
I remember getting a few similar fluorescent plastic rings in Christmas crackers over the years, maybe I should have kept them
I'd like to know this too. Also, has anybody ever found a source for that peculiar 'ribbed' fabric the travis II costume was made of?
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
KevinD
Communications Officer
 
KevinD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,077
Default

I believe it was called 'tobacco quilting' if that helps?
KevinD is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Slate Mcleod
Communications Officer
 
Slate Mcleod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Merseyside, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,272
Default

I'm so glad this thread isn't what I was expecting by the title !
Slate Mcleod is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
Jamesbeat
Hydroponics Technician
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate Mcleod View Post
I'm so glad this thread isn't what I was expecting by the title !
I'm English, but I moved here to the States about four years ago.
Astonishingly, even after such a short time, my brain didn't make that connection when I was typing the title of this thread!
Thanks for the chuckle
Jamesbeat is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 27-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
Ham Salad
Communications Officer
 
Ham Salad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
I believe it was called 'tobacco quilting' if that helps?
Can't find it anywhere, despairing.
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
MoonbaseAlpha
Chief Eagle Pilot
 
MoonbaseAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 434
Default

June Hudson used this quilting quite a lot...
You don't buy it like that, you just buy the outside fabric of your choice, and get it quilted with foam or padding with a lining material on the inside.
They will quilt it in any pattern...
It's done by another contractor, you won't find it just off the shelf...

We used this a lot on later Red Dwarf.



Andy H
MoonbaseAlpha is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #8
Ham Salad
Communications Officer
 
Ham Salad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonbaseAlpha View Post
June Hudson used this quilting quite a lot...
You don't buy it like that, you just buy the outside fabric of your choice, and get it quilted with foam or padding with a lining material on the inside.
They will quilt it in any pattern...
It's done by another contractor, you won't find it just off the shelf...

We used this a lot on later Red Dwarf.



Andy H
Is it expensive? Will they do it through the mail?
Ham Salad is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
MoonbaseAlpha
Chief Eagle Pilot
 
MoonbaseAlpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 434
Default

I've no idea, sorry, it was quite a long time ago,
I remember it was a company in the east end of London.
MoonbaseAlpha is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com