Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > The Hangar

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #21
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

Yes, they've really stopped making them. There are four thousand of each so I imagine they will be available for a while but the stores are starting to run out of stocks that they can get, so it will mostly be on ebay that you buy the remainder.

I would love a PE 23" but I'm neighter willing or able to spend the money, and certainly not on something that isn't the whole deal. As for the TB2 there are better options for less. I'd rather get someone like Mark42 to make one for me. The extra cost is well and truely worth it.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #22
Straker90
Computer Technician

Ok, well it seems good that I am getting them now rather than later, i guess it is possible that they will start changing hands for hundreds of pounds in a few years!
Straker90 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #23
Transporter
Life Support Officer

Hundreds of pounds, haha...dream on. When they will go for hundreds of pounds we all will be old and grey ...

And I also want to come back to the idea of the thread. You never know if the Chinese are prepared to make another run with the tools and moulds the 12 inchers were made with. PE may be prepared to that, but it is also possible that they are not.

I recently saw on tv that a German sales man built up a factory in China and later on - just by chance - he discovered that an exact copy of his factory was also built some miles away from his factory. Chinese business people are clever, maybe cleverer than most of us think they are..,

Still I think there must be a chance to produce more 12 inchers. It all depends on the market (us). Maybe another brand (aoshima for instance) could buy the tools and make a "second" edition. We saw many reissues of kits in the recent years. Polar lights for instance reissued many Aurora kits. (Unfortunately not the 2001 Moonbus - the moulds were destroyed in a fire)

Of course this can also depend on Steve Walker if he wants to sell the tools. But if somebody pays the right price (including the copyrights) there certainly is a chance. They could probably even be produced cheaper...ok, now I am dreaming...
Transporter is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #24
Straker90
Computer Technician

I'm not sure though, the UFO and interceptor went for soemthing like 75 recently on ebay, so the eagles could start reaching those prices if they become rare! As for the moulds, I guess it depends what happens in the future, if the replica side of things does not go well then they could start producing them again I guess
Straker90 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #25
cdrtravis
Medical Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLEMAGNET View Post

Disclaimer... I certainly wouldn't pay 400 for a PE 23"... im looking out for the e-bay bargains..... 200 yes please sir!
The PE23 Eagles have been GBP199 on the Product Enterprise site for several months. That's where I got mine from.
cdrtravis is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 13-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #26
PerfesserCoffee
Waste Technician

I'd love to see the 12" line continued.

I've only got two so far but would appreciate a chance to get some more eventually.
PerfesserCoffee is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #27
podfreak
Exile

i only have one but i love it.......
podfreak is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #28
CR
Science Officer

I believe they did back-engineering on the Land of the Giants Spindrift as well.

Maybe Moebius Models will take up the call.
CR is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #29
Jade Falcon
Communications Officer

While the Eagles are awesome, I always felt that the 12" range missed out a few opportunities. The Captain Scarlet range should have been bigger, Stingray should have had a Terrorfish available to buy as well.

The biggest crime though was that there was no Thunderbirds in the 12 inch range. It's not that I'm a big rabid TB fan, but Thunderbirds of all the Gerry Anderson properties is the most popular and has revivals every few years. 12 inch versions of TB1, 2 and 3 would certainly have sold.
Jade Falcon is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 07:20 AM   #30
Bishop
Chief Science Officer

We were talking about this on another thread. You're absolutely right Jade Falcon. The TBs with a few pod vehicle and a good Fab 1 would have been great.
Bishop is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote