Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum


Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > SHADO Operations > Launch Crater

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer
 
boatshewsd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States (California)
Posts: 1,779
Default A TB2 Sidebar: Birds Of A Feather?

While we're all enjoying the marvelous forward progress of Ben's Thunderbird 2 model, something on the Forum's homepage caught my eye the other day...

Appearing in the AMC Members Gallery (highlight-reel edition) were near-identical perspectives of TB2 and Space: 1999's Eagle Glider (Immunity Syndrome).

Now I consider my close vision to be pretty good (can still thread a needle unassisted!), but I could've sworn I saw more than a few similarities of line between the two vessels, separated as they may be by the vicissitudes of time and space...

Take a look - do you see what I see?
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Wardster
Computer Technician
 
Wardster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 203
Default

Sounds intriguing, but I'm not finding the exact spot on the boards that you mentioned. (I'm an AMC member, and am logged in, so it's gotta just be a blind spot on my part.)

Anyway ... got a link to the exact location, so dummies like me can go take a look?
Wardster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer
 
boatshewsd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States (California)
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardster View Post
Sounds intriguing, but I'm not finding the exact spot on the boards that you mentioned. (I'm an AMC member, and am logged in, so it's gotta just be a blind spot on my part.)

Anyway ... got a link to the exact location, so dummies like me can go take a look?
No such thing as "dummies" here, my friend - don't worry about that a bit.

The blind spot is mine, I'm afraid. In retrospect, I probably should've taken closer notice of the names of those who'd submitted the snaps. Lesson learned - I will be more vigilant in future.

(I'm assuming the images shown in the home-page gallery appear in some sort of continuing random order. (Perhaps someone hereabouts might know?) Could be, then, they'll come back around again at some point...)

Sunnier subject: is there any more news on your project?
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
Wardster
Computer Technician
 
Wardster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 203
Default

Thanks for the update / explanation. I'll try an' keep an eye out for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshewsd2 View Post
Sunnier subject: is there any more news on your project?
Real life was kicking my butt for a while there, but I'm back on it. Got some new photos to develop, sitting on my 'fuser now; with more to come as I work on the model some more, over the next few days. The pics may "stack up" for a little bit, till I get far enough along with new progress on the model itself, to take a break from that to develop and upload the new pics. But yeah, I'm getting antsy to see that project o' mine get further along, too.
Wardster is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer
 
boatshewsd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States (California)
Posts: 1,779
Default Sunny Side Up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardster View Post
Thanks for the update / explanation. I'll try an' keep an eye out for it.



Real life was kicking my butt for a while there, but I'm back on it. Got some new photos to develop, sitting on my 'fuser now; with more to come as I work on the model some more, over the next few days. The pics may "stack up" for a little bit, till I get far enough along with new progress on the model itself, to take a break from that to develop and upload the new pics. But yeah, I'm getting antsy to see that project o' mine get further along, too.
Roger that.
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
bensmodelworld
Astrophysics Technician
 
bensmodelworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshewsd2 View Post
While we're all enjoying the marvelous forward progress of Ben's Thunderbird 2 model, something on the Forum's homepage caught my eye the other day...

Appearing in the AMC Members Gallery (highlight-reel edition) were near-identical perspectives of TB2 and Space: 1999's Eagle Glider (Immunity Syndrome).

Now I consider my close vision to be pretty good (can still thread a needle unassisted!), but I could've sworn I saw more than a few similarities of line between the two vessels, separated as they may be by the vicissitudes of time and space...

Take a look - do you see what I see?
I also see some similarities between the two models.
Is not that what you mean?
They both have a pod and they can also take off vertically.

Regards Ben
bensmodelworld is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
boatshewsd2
Life Support Officer
 
boatshewsd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States (California)
Posts: 1,779
Default All In The Family (Sort Of...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensmodelworld View Post
I also see some similarities between the two models.
Is not that what you mean?
They both have a pod and they can also take off vertically.

Regards Ben
Yep. Some degree of similarity, I thought, in the general tail-fin structure also (although differing in fine details)...
boatshewsd2 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eagle glider, space 1999, thunderbird 2, thunderbirds

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site and contents are copyright Bernard Walsh 2010 all rights reserved, no reproduction of material in any form without written permission email: Bernie.walsh@mac.com