Go Back   Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum > Main Mission > Launch Pad

Notices

SPONSORED BY
&

Reply Bookmark and Share

Old 26-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #41
troy0571
Medical Technician

Hy i couldn't get mine apart eather, so i measured out the pod and used the tube ends to mark where i had to drill a small hole then exactoed it out till the tube fits snugly then filled with filler and sanded.i have some pictures of my project on his other site http://www.eagletransporter.com/foru...+eagle&page=2#

Last edited by troy0571; 26-01-2012 at 03:13 AM.
troy0571 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #42
ferrarikeith
Waste Technician

Paul, What an awsome job on modifying the Mattel Eagle.I would be interested on more detail on the doors.I am currently working on a Mattel Eagle myself.If you could part with a couple of doors i would be very interested,Thanks, again great job!!!
ferrarikeith is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #43
Irish62
Alphan

Wow....very impressive Paul! Since it has been a couple years since you responded to this thread, I wonder if you are still refurbishing Eagle 1 spaceships? Do you sell parts as I am missing the crane, the 4 stun guns, the back packs and 1 of the rear engine thrusters? And I hope all went well with the birth of your second child that you had mentioned back then as coming up soon. TIA and take care.
Irish62 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #44
Designasaurus
Travel Tube Technician

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

Yes, I'm still refurbishing Eagles. In fact I just sold a couple, one through e bay and the other as a private commission. I'm also still making and selling the various parts. Contact me directly and I can send pricing and various options.

Cheers!\
Paul
Designasaurus is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #45
CWood
Alphan

Paul,
Can you please send me pricing on what you have available for the Mattel Eagle?
Thanks...
-Clint
CWood is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #46
ledopmi
Alphan

Hi, can I get a list of what you have for the Eagles and prices? Thank you, daviddrown@live.com
The forum will not let me send a PM.
ledopmi is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #47
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

Default Mattel Eagle Rebuild

Great Job on the Eagle rebuild really Fantastic!

It's a shame no other company has released a large Eagle Toy, with all the nostalgia for retro shows, especially with all the gloom hanging around at the moment financial and otherwise I think it's only natural that we all look back to more simple and Happier days like watching Space on a Saturday Morning and playing with our Dinky Toys without worrying about how completely inacurate they were

Ah those were the days!!
ALPHA ONE is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #48
Darren Robertson
Astrophysics Technician

Sounds like the start to one of the old Hovis adverts!

Seriously, though, great work!
I never even SAW one of these as a kid....
Maybe they never flew this far south...
Darren Robertson is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #49
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

Default Mattel Eagle Retrofit

I Don't think they made it over here back then! I know of one person who had one back in the early 80's who brought it back with him from his Holiday in the U.S.

The rest of us had to make do with the Dinky Toys and AIRFIX model kits and Eagles built from Stickle Bricks and Lego
Old 09-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #50
SteveDix
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA ONE View Post
I Don't think they made it over here back then! I know of one person who had one back in the early 80's who brought it back with him from his Holiday in the U.S.

The rest of us had to make do with the Dinky Toys and AIRFIX model kits and Eagles built from Stickle Bricks and Lego
Don't forget the 6-inch action figures.
SteveDix is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #51
ALPHA ONE
Computer Technician

Default Another Mattel Eagle Retrofit

Thanks Steve I'd forgotten about the Palitoy Dolls yep they were cool too!

Did anyone else have the Space 1999 Jigsaw Puzzles by Hope or The Various colouring and Sticker Fun Books and not forgetting my personal Favourite The Space 1999 & Dalek Ice Lollies!

Oh Happy Days!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #52
SteveDix
Eagle Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA ONE View Post
Thanks Steve I'd forgotten about the Palitoy Dolls yep they were cool too!

Did anyone else have the Space 1999 Jigsaw Puzzles by Hope or The Various colouring and Sticker Fun Books and not forgetting my personal Favourite The Space 1999 & Dalek Ice Lollies!

Oh Happy Days!!
I also had the Space:1999 board game, which was frankly, a bit of a disappointment. I think I spent more time copying the box artwork than playing the game.
SteveDix is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:18 AM   #53
djrees56
Alphan

Great work!! I like what you did with the interior
djrees56 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #54
Braddock001
Chef

I would totality buy a set of those interior doors!
Braddock001 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #55
Braddock001
Chef

This is the best resto I have seen . Nice work sir!
here are some parts that you may consider for mod work--
See this listing -- it would take 2 sets but worth it.
landing gear- http://www.ebay.com/itm/150769054442
Thruster pods - they come 6 to a pack-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251150076083

vertical thrusters 2 to a pack-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290773830233

Also look at these struts-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290798163671...84.m1423.l2649

Last edited by Braddock001; 09-11-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Braddock001 is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote

Old 24-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #56
peiffed
Alphan

Nice job on this Mattel Eagle restoration...it's incredible. I'm starting to restore a few Eagles myself and wanted to know if you cast replacement parts for sale? If not, do you know anyone who does? I need to located some replacement doors, cranes, thrusters etc. Any information is appreciated.
peiffed is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #57
Tristan
Travel Tube Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designasaurus View Post
Here's a couple 'brag sheets' showing various images of the completed toy. I still haven't had much success photographing the interior so those images will have to wait. If it's not raining tomorrow I'm going to take the ship outside and try using some natural light/backgrounds.

As you can see, one of the big changes to the exterior of the ship is the creation of totally new pod doors. I wanted something that looked more like the actual ship than the origional Mattel doors do. The 'door' on the door is static but my next Eagle will have doors that slide open!

Here's the second brag sheet showing a larger picture of the Eagle's top. If you look closely you can see a radar dish made from a rubber suction cup. (There's also a couple Monopoly houses and a tiny toy car for good measure!)

...if anyone's interested, this Eagle along with two others will be up for sale in the very near future. I'm also offering castings of doors, legs, thrusters, and various other bits for anyone interested in converting their own Eagles. If I have time (I'm expecting my second child in a couple months) I'm going to make new interior walls that are a little more accurate with rounded corners etc. I was also thinking about adding small backlit panels. These will also be offered as resin/polycarbonate kits. I'll post more details in the appropriate area of this forum.

Cheers!
Paul

I thought I was lucky when I purchased the Eagle thru Ebay, I do understand living outside of the US and on an island, but what I cant understand is why Ive never received the Eagle that I purchased? Thru numerous emails and, yes, I do understand that Life gets busy, I would hope that a man would honor his commission. I am still hopeful yet I just dont see this coming my way at all. Please beware, some of you have had great luck with Paul, unfortunately, I have not. Im hoping that he does the right thing and either sends the item or just refunds me my money, either way is fine with me. I havent heard from him in two months since our last discussion about how badly he is handling this. Im sure my statute of limitations has run out with paypal but Im still hoping Paul will not make me a victim just because of my hope that he can still come thru and finish our transaction. If anyone has a suggestion, Im all for it.

The above picture is what was promised in addition to a custom poster of the box art. Let's just finish this Paul. With honor and respect.

Last edited by Tristan; 27-06-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: because
Tristan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #58
Frank T
Alphan

Hey Paul . . .

I'm interested in purchasing some of your parts. I sent you an email a few days ago . . . if you didn't get it, please shoot me an email at frankt1701a@me.com.

Thanks

Frank T.
Frank T is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 01:40 AM   #59
Tristan
Travel Tube Technician

Hey Paul, Im still waiting for you to come thru on my ebay purchase from two years ago. I trusted you man, I was patient and I still hope you are decent enough to follow thru with our transaction. If you cant, will you please give me back the money I paid you? I don't like to have my business public, but I still believe you can make things right. Either email me at Jonhamm67@gmail.com or contact me thru here.
Tristan is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 08:48 PM   #60
Eaglelover
Computer Technician

Very Nice, I like and the Lego guys too!
Eaglelover is off duty   Bookmark and Share Reply With Quote